cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the true value of Membership Reward Points? How do you guys maximize it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is the true value of Membership Reward Points? How do you guys maximize it?

begrudgingly, I admit I do pull 60 k skypesoes by flying. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy probably getting 20k skypesos, 30k UR, 20k GF points per year from cc.

I only do basic economy, lol, once I called skymile gold help line, CSR was shocked to see i have all basic economy bookings, lol

domestic FC/BC is pretty sucky anyway, I don't think I am missing much.

Message 51 of 54
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: What is the true value of Membership Reward Points? How do you guys maximize it?

@Anonymous wrote:

begrudgingly, I admit I do pull 60 k skypesoes by flying. Smiley Very HappySmiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy probably getting 20k skypesos, 30k UR, 20k GF points per year from cc.

I only do basic economy, lol, once I called skymile gold help line, CSR was shocked to see i have all basic economy bookings, lol

Room, I guess you’re not 6’3”

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 52 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@redpat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Room, I guess you’re not 6’3”

for once, im thankful for my height!

Message 53 of 54
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I got the Amex gold recently and it had a 50k MR sign up bonus. I intend to use it on 4x dining but apparently the points are worth a lot less when redeemed for cash/amazon. 

Whats the best way to maximize the points? I'd like to at least get 1:1 ratio on it. The only way I saw online was by travel, but I don't fly often. 

For me their highest value has been slightly less than 1.2 cents.

I usually trade them for Jet Blue points, which are worth 1.5 cents each to me.

MR points trade on a 5:4 basis, so that makes the MR point worth 1.2 cents each.

But then Amex passes along to us its excise tax, which slightly reduces the value.

As near as I can tell, for people who don't travel they're not worth getting involved with.

if you use jetblue exclusively, amex gives transfer bonus like twice a year to jetblue.

Yeah I just learned about that today. So I should hold off on transferring my MR's until the transfer bonus comes into play. Will keep my eye open for it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.