Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is visa signature?

tag
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

What is visa signature?

PenFed CU has their 2% back card labeled on their website as Visa Signiture, but my card doesn't have it... What is it, and how do you get it?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: What is visa signature?

Maybe the thing Visa uses to solicite credit users? Smiley Wink

Lol, i believe your card needs to have a minimum 5k in credit limit to be considered a Visa siggySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It means you have to sign in person so no online transactions.
Message 3 of 16
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

It's just a Visa with added benefits.

https://usa.visa.com/content_library/modal/signature-benefits.html

Usually you do have to have a CL over $5k, but I had a Visa with a $12k CL that's not a siggy and others here have reported CLs below $5k that are siggies.

Message 4 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In the same way World Mastercard means it is restricted to transactions on Earth, not accepted in the space station for example.

Message 5 of 16
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Gunnar419 wrote:

It's just a Visa with added benefits.

https://usa.visa.com/content_library/modal/signature-benefits.html

Usually you do have to have a CL over $5k, but I had a Visa with a $12k CL that's not a siggy and others here have reported CLs below $5k that are siggies.

Some cards just aren't offered in a Signature version, like Blispay or Chevron Visa. It's cheaper for the issuer to offer them as Visa Classic or Visa Platinum tiers. 

The only card I know of offhand that starts as a Visa Signature less than $5K credit lines is the Amazon Visa issued by Chase. I've seen those as low as $500. You can also reallocate limits with some lenders, taking a card's limit below $5K and retaining the Visa Signature status. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In the same way World Mastercard means it is restricted to transactions on Earth, not accepted in the space station for example.

Last time I was there, the Space Station only take Discover.
Message 7 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

But due to location, cli only happens if you see Haley's CometSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 16
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

In my experience, Visa Signature is mostly a prestige thing.  I have four such cards, and I have never used any of the "benefits" unique to Visa Signature.  The important stuff is the rewards program, and that's controlled by the card issuer, not by Visa.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Last time I was there, the Space Station only take Discover.

Interesting, I had no trouble using my NASA Visa when i was last there. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.