Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your Credit Card Wish List?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: What is your Credit Card Wish List?

Nothing on my wish list.   But if something really special comes up.....

Message 11 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MrDFinance wrote:
"Missliz" Since your a member of penfed you might want to look into the PenFed Platinum Rewards card... If gives you the same 3% Cash back on groceries as the BCE and also gives you 5% on gas... No annual Fee Smiley Happy

Not quite, it gives points (5 on gas at pump, 3 on groceries).   At best cash-like redemptions (Visa gift card), this comes out to about 2.5% on groceries and 4.2% on gas.   So not as good as BCE on groceries (but much better on gas).  On the plus side, groceries are uncapped and you get rewards at groceries outside the US (and more things code as supermarkets than with Amex)

Thank you for this information. I'm a little embarrassed to admit that I don't fully understand "points" so I just stick with cash rewards. I really should study more.

Message 12 of 57
redpat
Senior Contributor

Having my September statement balances disappear.....

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 13 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

After gardening for awhile, I will continue looking at cards with sign-up bonuses that maximize my cash-back, so:

1. Amex Blue Cash Everyday ($150 bonus, 3% on groceries - I have 2% with the Savor/Double Cash for now)
2. Wells Fargo Propel Amex ($200 bonus, 3% on gas and streaming services - I have 2% with the Double Cash for now)
3. Not sure yet, likely a hotel card like Chase IHG Premier for the big sign-up bonus and annual free night. Otherwise, Bank of America Cash Rewards for the sign-up bonus.

After getting these cards, and when all inquiries have fallen off, I will likely pursue a Chase Sapphire Reserve since I’ll be doing more traveling by then.
Message 14 of 57
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

My reasons for my list is:
1. Amex Cash Magnet will add to my cash back Portfolio, since I try my best to maximize the cash back rewards, plus I love Amex.

2. Capital Savor one card, me and The Wifey Love to try new Resturants, Date nights are plenty, so i can definitely maximize the 3% cash back on Dining😀 plus there is no annual fee
3. Chase Amazon Prime Visa, Lets just say I shop on Amazon almost every other day, according to the Amazon site i would have got $153 cash back in rewards so far this year. I need that card😁😁. I could go for the Amazon store card but i have Read "Horror" stories about how a lot of people not being able to pay there bill because not getting a statement and things like that. I believe Synchrony bank does the store card right? I would love some feed back from the Fico Fam on the Amazon store card
Message 15 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@The-Credit-Disciple wrote:

3. Chase Amazon Prime Visa, Lets just say I shop on Amazon almost every other day, according to the Amazon site i would have got $153 cash back in rewards so far this year. I need that card😁😁. I could go for the Amazon store card but i have Read "Horror" stories about how a lot of people not being able to pay there bill because not getting a statement and things like that. I believe Synchrony bank does the store card right? I would love some feed back from the Fico Fam on the Amazon store card

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me, I've NEVER (granted, I've only had the card since May) had a single problem with my Amazon Prime Store Card.  Like you, I shop at Amazon every other day almost (one year I had over 600 orders...I've  cut down quite a bit since then). But the card has been great. I set up my online account as soon as I was approved and knew the card number. And I've been able to see my statements online the day they cut, plus I get 2 emails for each alert I have set. (One from Amazon.com Store Card Customer Service and a second one from Synchrony Bank for your Amazon.Com Store card)   I will admit the posting of new charges seems laggy to me. Like, if I know I ordered something on Sunday but it is Tuesday and the order isn't even listed on "pending" I  get mildly annoyed. But I'm an old school pen a paper kinda girl, so it isn't a deal breaker for me. If I know I've ordered and have the receipt I just put the amount into my spreadsheet and keep it moving. Eventually their online statement catches up. 

The 5% back (for Prime members, which I"m sure you are if you're ordering every other day) makes the card well worth any minor hiccup to me.  Plus I couldn't get a Chase card if the CEO showed up at my door and handed me one, it would poof into oblivion before it left his/her hands. So the store card is a clear winner.  I have $31 in cash back now, after already cashing in $18 and $16.66 <--that number just bothered me so I couldn't let it sit and grow) on purchases. I've often said I should be the spokesperson for Amazon... and now I'll add to that spokesperson for Amazon Store Card... It's beyond awesome, IMHO Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@The-Credit-Disciple wrote:

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me, I've NEVER (granted, I've only had the card since May) had a single problem with my Amazon Prime Store Card.  Like you, I shop at Amazon every other day almost (one year I had over 600 orders...I've  cut down quite a bit since then). But the card has been great. I set up my online account as soon as I was approved and knew the card number. And I've been able to see my statements online the day they cut, plus I get 2 emails for each alert I have set. (One from Amazon.com Store Card Customer Service and a second one from Synchrony Bank for your Amazon.Com Store card)   I will admit the posting of new charges seems laggy to me. Like, if I know I ordered something on Sunday but it is Tuesday and the order isn't even listed on "pending" I  get mildly annoyed. But I'm an old school pen a paper kinda girl, so it isn't a deal breaker for me. If I know I've ordered and have the receipt I just put the amount into my spreadsheet and keep it moving. Eventually their online statement catches up. 

The 5% back (for Prime members, which I"m sure you are if you're ordering every other day) makes the card well worth any minor hiccup to me.  Plus I couldn't get a Chase card if the CEO showed up at my door and handed me one, it would poof into oblivion before it left his/her hands. So the store card is a clear winner.  I have $31 in cash back now, after already cashing in $18 and $16.66 <--that number just bothered me so I couldn't let it sit and grow) on purchases. I've often said I should be the spokesperson for Amazon... and now I'll add to that spokesperson for Amazon Store Card... It's beyond awesome, IMHO Smiley Happy

I've had my Amazon Store Card for two years and I have never had a problem. I was going to get the actual physical Visa, but it's easier to just keep the store card and earn close to the same (if not the same) rewards. Some charges may post a few days later, but I've never had problems paying them off. I made $96 in cash back off Amazon from July's Prime Day shenanigans. Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Amazon Prime Visa - I'm an Amazon Prime Member and shop on Amazon A LOT! I know I could go with the Amazon Prime store card, but I'm not thrilled with the idea of Synchrony Bank.

Chase Freedom Unlimited - For the additional UR points.

Chase Sapphire Reserve - Either an upgrade from my CSP or wait the additional time (48 mo total) and apply for the SUB.

I've pretty much got everything else covered based on my spend.  If I buy a home next year I might need to consider a Lowes card, but hopefully not.

Message 18 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most of the cards I wanted or even considered getting no longer exist. And I'm LOL/24 for Chase. So basically I'm set in the card world. Smiley LOL

1. Citi Prestige Card

2. Ritz-Carlton Card

3. Chase Sapphire Reserve Card

Message 19 of 57
Malcono
Regular Contributor

Chase Amazon Prime Visa - I shop on Amazon too often not to have this card.

Chase Sapphire Reserve - I eventually want to upgrade my CSP.

I'm thinking of eventually PC'ing my Wells Fargo card to the Propel, when it won't hit my AAoA too much.

And I might get a card for groceries.

I think everything else I have pretty much set.

Total Credit: $107,000Utilization: 1%AAoA: 2yrs, 4mthsAoOA: 3yrs, 1mthAoYA: 1yrs, 10mthsBaddies: 0

Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.