Did you mean: 

What is your average app spree

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: What is your average app spree

@Fico2Go wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

I did a spree 1 x and ended up with 22.99% APR from Chase (a souvenir to keep for life as they will not adjust in the near future)...will not spree again. My best results are if I simply wait and add 1 card every 6 months or if for sure not the same bureau is pulled I will add 2 cards at the time.  Goal is not only acceptance but best terms or close to best terms  Smiley Happy

If you have a favorite goto card then the 22.99% could be used to help UTIL.   So it's somewhat useful.

Yep... it is kind of a cool figure and will remind me of my spree...lol.. in the meantime I kind of love that number and for a PIF strategy I could't care less about APR.  At the beginning  it made me feel horrible to get the worst terms but in the meantime it makes me smile Smiley Happy --just gotta love Chase for doube pulls and horrible APR Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

I did a spree 1 x and ended up with 22.99% APR from Chase (a souvenir to keep for life as they will not adjust in the near future)...will not spree again. My best results are if I simply wait and add 1 card every 6 months or if for sure not the same bureau is pulled I will add 2 cards at the time.  Goal is not only acceptance but best terms or close to best terms  Smiley Happy

I've generally exempted Chase because I'm superstitious paranoid.  Strangely enough, my souvenir from Chase was a 13.99% APR.

Message 22 of 27
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Fico2Go wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

If you have a favorite goto card then the 22.99% could be used to help UTIL.   So it's somewhat useful.

Yep... it is kind of a cool figure and will remind me of my spree...lol.. in the meantime I kind of love that number and for a PIF strategy I could't care less about APR.  At the beginning  it made me feel horrible to get the worst terms but in the meantime it makes me smile Smiley Happy --just gotta love Chase for doube pulls and horrible APR Smiley Happy

I'll take a 50% APR with high CL anytime.  I'm happy to PIF for a pair of socks every few months.  

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 23 of 27
red259
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I go until I'm denied.

LOL... are you ever concerned with increasing overall approval of available TLs >$50K in one shot and any of your current lenders taking AA on your current accounts? (i.e. they perform standard/monthly AR and see that you've increased the # of TLs by two-fold and high CLs).

The cards I use for bonus rewards generally don't stay open for long, particularly Citi HHonors cards.  Churn & burn!  

Word has it on the street (or web), that they be cracking down on the burn and churn.  Just sayin'.

Haven't head about this. Did something happen since they made their changes over a year ago? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 24 of 27
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@red259 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I go until I'm denied.

LOL... are you ever concerned with increasing overall approval of available TLs >$50K in one shot and any of your current lenders taking AA on your current accounts? (i.e. they perform standard/monthly AR and see that you've increased the # of TLs by two-fold and high CLs).

The cards I use for bonus rewards generally don't stay open for long, particularly Citi HHonors cards.  Churn & burn!  

Word has it on the street (or web), that they be cracking down on the burn and churn.  Just sayin'.

Haven't head about this. Did something happen since they made their changes over a year ago? 

That's because it isn't happening.  With Citi it still holds true if you are approved, you also get the bonus - simple as that.

Message 25 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

I go until I'm denied.

That's because it isn't happening.  With Citi it still holds true if you are approved, you also get the bonus - simple as that.

It's more of a paranoia propaganda. 

Message 26 of 27
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

4 new tradelines on average.

12/11

1/14

5/15

Were the dates of my 3 sprees.

        
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.