cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your cash advance limit with American Express?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: What is your cash advance limit with American Express?

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

with any lender it's always a bad idea to take a cash advance

But depending on the circumstances, it might be less bad than the alternatives

Yep, I will try almost anything rather than take an Amex cash advance... However, I would still prefer owing that money to Amex, rather than to one of them MSer vegetarian with an attitude...  Ouch!

Well, it's your lucky day.    Just checked our "Blood-crazed animal killers who owe decent Vegan folk money" ledger AND the "Blood-crazed animal killers who owe less than decent Vegan folk money" and it turns out you don't owe us any money!

Apparently, some people still traumatized, since childhood, from seeing Bambi's mom get her due.... and they process their pain by pacing all day inside groceries stores and buying gift cards... it's all very sad....

Hey, it's not all day.  I spend 10 hours max per day buying gift cards.  Well, except on Saturday where it's more like 14.   But I can stop any time

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even see where to find this information out on AMEX account online. I thought I knew pretty much every inch of their site by now. 

Message 22 of 27
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I'd never take out a cash advance quite honestly but for the sake of answering the question, I have $400 cash advance limits on my BCE and Delta cards and $500 cash advance limit on my ED card.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 23 of 27
Josh2942
Established Contributor

They allow 100% for me to
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 24 of 27
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I've never checked.As I never or will never take a cash advance from a credit card..I think my Cap one spark miles has a $20K cash limit matching the credit limit.

Message 25 of 27
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Not really actually. It sucks that cash advances for earn points but even at a high interest rate over a month's period the interest does not leave the double digits until you surpass a couple thousand. Other than the initial fee of 5 to 10 percent, it really isn't bad. If you only need a couple hundred in an emergency. The interest is barely any.
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Josh2942 wrote:
Not really actually. It sucks that cash advances for earn points but even at a high interest rate over a month's period the interest does not leave the double digits until you surpass a couple thousand. Other than the initial fee of 5 to 10 percent, it really isn't bad. If you only need a couple hundred in an emergency. The interest is barely any.

That may be true, only if you go along with the bank's wording that "fee" is one thing and "interest" is another.  In reality, interest is any extra money you are charged over the principal and as such it should include the fees, therefore the actual annual interest rate you are being charged, in just one month, is outrageous.

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.