cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your current CC balances?? Share it!

tag
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

What is your current CC balances?? Share it!

What is your current credit card balances?

I'm currently 20 and I already racked up some bills.

Bankamericard - $916/4000

Amex Zync- $170/No Pre-Set Limit (PIF)

Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards- $283/1200

Installation Car loan - 12200/17800

Hopefully I'll have these cards paid down within 1 1/2 months besides the installation loan.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: What is your current CC balances?? Share it!

From my full Equifax report:

312i95A9DD7CD9EAADA8

One mortgage, one HELOC, one auto loan. I'm actually waiting to have a token CC balance report again, after losing 12 points for having all report $0. Smiley Tongue

Anyway, learn to regard credit as a tool. Like a chainsaw, it can be very useful, but it can also chop you into a million pieces.

My advice would be to regard your CC's as rather slow debit cards. Don't charge anything that you couldn't turn right around and pay off with money that you have in the bank, or at least money coming in on your next paycheck that isn't already spoken for. The only exceptions, and think long and hard before using:

• a 0% or incredibly low APR BT, with a capped BT fee and a term of over one year, for which you have budgeted the repayments
  • a 0% APR purchase that you absolutely know that you will be able to pay off one month before the intro period is over

Even then, it's not smart to carry balances on CC's unless you have a good chunk of change in the bank that will cover 6 months' worth of minimum payments plus 20%.

You don't want to get enslaved to anyone, and most especially to lenders. Check my siggy. Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 32
TheCreditKid
Established Contributor

Thanks for that report. Good Advice Mate.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Message 3 of 32
joestay
Frequent Contributor

cap1 - 9/750

amex - 12/2000

i paid down my balance mutiple times per month so it reports a low balance for the closing month.  I paid off about $500 so far this month.

Message 4 of 32
grigorexxxcore
Regular Contributor

Citi - $300/$1,300

Capital One - $108/$500

HSBC - $232/$320

First Premiere - $173/$250

Nordstrom - $170/$500

Message 5 of 32
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I have 7 cards with a total CL of $51,600. My Discover card is the only one with a balance and it is currently $176.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 6 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bofa 0/10,000

Citi 0/5,900

Chase 0/5,000

Zync 0

Costco TE - $650/5,000

Target 0/1,000

The way I understand it, theres an incentive in scoring to only let one or two card post balance (<9%), is that correct?

The rest of the cards I treat as if they were debit cards. Charges get paid as soon as they post.

Message 7 of 32
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I can't list them all, that would just be to much for everyone involved! lol  Here is what I'm working on rigth now and should have paid off within 3 months.

Chase $1700/$2600

Toyota $800/$1300

Chase $900/$1000 - this is signature card and use to have a balance of $15k so even though the cl is reduced it's not hurting me

Target $191/$200

Target $279/$300

Target $185/200

Target $900/1000

Discover Bus $800/$900 now reports to personal credit

I'm hoping when I pay these all off I will gain 20 points on TU so I can refinance my car

Message 8 of 32
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

RBFCU Platinum $1500/$3000 (5.7% APR Smiley Happy)

RBFCU Gold $150/$1000

Capital One $1000/$1500

Those are my only cards that are currently carrying any balances.  The rest are PIF.

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 9 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

first premier bank 0/200

citi forward 1010/3000

macy's 0/600

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.