cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your current credit card plan?

tag
jacetx
Valued Contributor

Re: What is your current credit card plan?

Nice plan. My goal is also to get in the door with AMEX. I filed for a Ch13 BK back in 2008 then converted to Ch 7 and it was discharged in 2/15/11. I see you guys mention 5 years post BK, I applied for a Chase and AMEX cards and no luck. Denial reasons, BK. Is there something I'm missing?

Update: Well I decided to take a leap of faith and apply again. I was just approved for the Delta Gold card with $3k.

Message 31 of 108
MoreInfo1
Regular Contributor

@nursepower wrote:

What does the mint app do?

It's an app that allows you to keep track of all (or at least most) of your accounts such as bank accounts, investment/retirement accounts and bills (credit cards,  loans, utility,  etc). It lets you know when bills are coming due, when you have a new statement and even lets you pay for any of your bills with any account linked to it. 

This is my favorite app for keeping track of all my accounts! 

Message 32 of 108
liv
Established Member

There are some pretty good plans here.  

Since March 2015 I have been able to increase my available credit from $3600 to just shy of $30,000 thanks to help from this forum and planning.  Thanks for all your posts.

I Plan to pay off all balances by November 2015.  Consolidate Cap1 and Chase cards and transfer balance of EDC to keep Amex happy, I have not attempted my 3X with carrying a balance.  Once 12 months on Slate convert to Freedom.  I think I have all the cards I need, after paying off balances I plan to sit back and watch them grow!

Home purchase Early March 2015

BoA Cash: $500 CLI to $5000 ($2600 Balance)

Cap 1 QS1: $800 CLI to $4800 no balance

Cap 1: $400 CLI $2400 no balance

Discover It: Open March 2015 $2000 CLI to $5900 ($900 Balance @ 0%)

Amex EDC: Open April 2015 $5000 ($3000 Balance @ 0%)

Slate: Open April 2015 $5000 ($3000 Balance @ 0%)

Amazon Rewards: Open July 2015 $1500  no balance

Amex ED $5k | BOA Cash Back Signature Visa $5k | BOA Better Balance $5.5k | Barclay Apple Rewards $3k | CapOne Quicksilver $7k | Chase Slate $5.8k | Chase Amazon $500 | Discover IT $5.9k | REI WMC $5k | Target $200
Message 33 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jace8602 wrote:

Nice plan. My goal is also to get in the door with AMEX. I filed for a Ch13 BK back in 2008 then converted to Ch 7 and it was discharged in 2/15/11. I see you guys mention 5 years post BK, I applied for a Chase and AMEX cards and no luck. Denial reasons, BK. Is there something I'm missing?

Update: Well I decided to take a leap of faith and apply again. I was just approved for the Delta Gold card with $3k.

So your ch7 was discharged in 2011 and you got approved for amex already? When did you get approved? Limit? 

Thanks

Message 34 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still deciding but I have a rough idea

1) Garden til 2016

2) Pay off remaining balance on BoA / possibly do product change

3) App for CSP so I can get in under the new 5 new account rule (though the CSP seems like it needs refresh)

4) Maybe get another cash back card

5) Try to take as much advantage of the Citi Prestige perks as possible

6) Shoot for CLI on Prestige (preferably soft)

It's boring I know but I'm new to this points thing. I keep telling myself I need to get in with Barclay, Amex or more credit unions but I don't actually need it, as want it for possible back up. Nothing really strikes my interest so no need to waste HPs, FICO score or money just because.

Message 35 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

@liv wrote:

There are some pretty good plans here.  

Since March 2015 I have been able to increase my available credit from $3600 to just shy of $30,000 thanks to help from this forum and planning.  Thanks for all your posts.

I Plan to pay off all balances by November 2015.  Consolidate Cap1 and Chase cards and transfer balance of EDC to keep Amex happy, I have not attempted my 3X with carrying a balance.  Once 12 months on Slate convert to Freedom.  I think I have all the cards I need, after paying off balances I plan to sit back and watch them grow!

Home purchase Early March 2015

BoA Cash: $500 CLI to $5000 ($2600 Balance)

Cap 1 QS1: $800 CLI to $4800 no balance

Cap 1: $400 CLI $2400 no balance

@discover It: Open March 2015 $2000 CLI to $5900 ($900 Balance @ 0%)

@Anonymous EDC: Open April 2015 $5000 ($3000 Balance @ 0%)

@Anonymous: Open April 2015 $5000 ($3000 Balance @ 0%)

Amazon Rewards: Open July 2015 $1500  no balance

You have some good cards, wish I had that AMEX 

Message 36 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Still deciding but I have a rough idea

1) Garden til 2016

2) Pay off remaining balance on BoA / possibly do product change

3) App for CSP so I can get in under the new 5 new account rule (though the CSP seems like it needs refresh)

4) Maybe get another cash back card

5) Try to take as much advantage of the Citi Prestige perks as possible

It's boring I know but I'm new to this points thing. I keep telling myself I need to get in with Barclay, Amex or more credit unions but I don't actually need it, as want it for possible back up. Nothing really strikes my interest so no need to waste HPs, FICO score or money just because.

I like your thinking about no HPs if not needed.  I only got these many cards to build my credit again but don't really need them all.  That is why I'm merging and closing now at my 5 yr bk mark so I can build the rest of my cards for the next 5 yrs til my bk falls. I'm new to points as well.

Message 37 of 108
jacetx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jace8602 wrote:

So your ch7 was discharged in 2011 and you got approved for amex already? When did you get approved? Limit? 

Thanks

I got approved today with $3k limit and advertised APR 15.24%.

Message 38 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I like your thinking about no HPs if not needed.  I only got these many cards to build my credit again but don't really need them all.  That is why I'm merging and closing now at my 5 yr bk mark so I can build the rest of my cards for the next 5 yrs til my bk falls. I'm new to points as well.

You've got some good line up of cards though, especially now with the new Capital One merging function!

Message 39 of 108
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jace8602 wrote:

I got approved today with $3k limit and advertised APR 15.24%.

Wow!! And bk less than 5 years?

Message 40 of 108
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.