Did you mean: 

What is your highest CL with Cap1?

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: What is your highest CL with Cap1?

@distantarray wrote:

@Tryon2improve wrote:

I have a unique one, well my wife actually does.

Cap 1 Platinum Mastercard

$30,000 limit

Open 4.5 years

no increases

She had a 798 score and $16k income at the time.  We have no clue and will not question it, since it is by far the largest TL either of us have.

maybe an extra 0 was added to your income by accident? =p

^LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 19
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Tryon2improve wrote:

$30,000 limit

Open 4.5 years

no increases

She had a 798 score and $16k income at the time.  We have no clue and will not question it, since it is by far the largest TL either of us have.

^LOL.

Must have!  Either way we are not arousing their suspicion by asking for a PC or CLI :-).  I was surprised when we ran the balance to 23K ,and it hovered there for a year, and no action was taken by Cap1.

Message 12 of 19
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Tryon2improve wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@Tryon2improve wrote:

$30,000 limit

Open 4.5 years

no increases

^LOL.

Must have!  Either way we are not arousing their suspicion by asking for a PC or CLI :-).  I was surprised when we ran the balance to 23K ,and it hovered there for a year, and no action was taken by Cap1.

Smart idea! Wow! I never heard of CAP1...the most subprime lender ever giving THAT much! Woah! Yea I wouldn't call in. It helps with the UTL I bet! hahaa.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 19
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@Tryon2improve wrote:

$30,000 limit

Open 4.5 years

no increases

Ok, your comment peaked my curiosity.

My wife hoards all "legal" documents, including a copy of her paper application that she sent to Captial One.  I went and dug the file out of the box and I kid you not, the income was left blank.  Based on that, I have no clue what they entered for income.  The next thing in the file is the user agreement from when she recieved the card, and she says she has never talked to Cap1 on the phone.  Her credit file at the time only had a Target and Belk cards each around $700 and an AU on her moms cards that were at $5k and $10K.

I may have to try leaving income blank next time I apply for something in 5 years.

Message 14 of 19
ukimafija
Regular Contributor

pt2005 wrote:

I think there are 3 questions:

1) How long do you have your account(s)?

2) How many auto CLIs you have?

3) What is your highest CL, and which card?

For me:

1) 26 months

2) One auto from 500 to 750$ and second after calling EO to 5k(before calling EO i tried like 5x never got it)

3)5000, It was a platinum MC it has just been upgraded to the cash rewards version without annual fee and OTL fee and i have World MC benefits now...

BOA Cash Rewards Visa Sig. 12K; BOA Travel Rewards Visa Sig 5K, US Bank Cash+ 11.5K, AMEX BCE 6200, AMEX BLUE Sky 7K, Chase Freedom Visa Sig. 5400, Fort Knox FCU Visa Platinum 2500; CAP ONE Cash Rewards WORLD MC 5K

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: 747
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 19
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

@ukimafija wrote:

@pt2005 wrote:

1. I've had my account since 2008- almost 5 years

2. I got two credit line increases as part of the credit step program. $300 to $500 to $2500. It had been stuck at $2500 since 2009.

3. I recently got an executive office increase to $6000

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 16 of 19
sccredit
Valued Contributor

1) How long do you have your account(s)? Started with Cap1 in 2004, this card was opened in Jan 2011 with a $750 limit

2) How many auto CLIs you have? None, had to get EO to intervene

3) What is your highest CL, and which card? Business Platinum card went to Spark Miles at $10,000.  Other 2 Cap One cards I cancelled

Message 17 of 19
pt2005
Regular Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

1) How long do you have your account(s)? Started with Cap1 in 2004, this card was opened in Jan 2011 with a $750 limit

2) How many auto CLIs you have? None, had to get EO to intervene

3) What is your highest CL, and which card? Business Platinum card went to Spark Miles at $10,000.  Other 2 Cap One cards I cancelled

@sccredit: May I ask how long you've had your Spark? Initial CL? I have one with $2000 for about 3 months now. I want to ask for CLI but not sure if it's the time yet. Thanks

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 18 of 19
L-TWT
Established Contributor

@pt2005 wrote:

Well, I am not sure if this question was asked before but if it was then I guess we can all refresh our data after all the calls/emails to EO to learn more about where we are as far as CL with Cap1 goes.

For me:

1) 13 years

2) Once after emailing EO (after 12 years stuck at $500)

3) $3000 (Cash Visa)

1. Acct. opened for almost 1 month

2. None, yet Smiley Wink

3. 10K opening CL, Cash Rewards Visa Sig

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.