cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your opinion on Bank of America Better Rewards Card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is your opinion on Bank of America Better Rewards Card?

@deltatee wrote:

Admittedly, I do not have this card but it seems like a great card for guranteed cash back regardless of how much you spend on it.  Just out of curiousity, is it common for this card to offer BT offers beyond the initial sign-up offer?  If so, and if they are good offers, I think it makes this card even better.

I receive BT offers all the time. Keep in mind, if you take advantage of a BT and then use it for purchases you will incur interest charges.

Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the minimum monthly payment for this card...? Is it 25.00 like CapOne, or 35.00 like Discover?

The reason I'm asking, is if it is a 25.00 min monthly payment, I'd probably use this to charge a recurring monthly Ultimate 3B subscription to and pif, if the minimum monthly payment would allow for that to qualify for the quarterly rewards.

I think it's a good idea AustinOK to charge your 3B monthly subscription. The minimum payment is $25. 

Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Subexistence wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

How do you get multiple. Is it as easy as just applying multiple times? Also I wouldn't get much in rewards from BofA sign up for their bank account due to not having high enough direct deposit so I'll hold off on getting account until I earn more salary.

Yes, you just apply multiple times. I'll apply for my 3rd Better Balance Rewards card in 2 months.

You just put $300 into a BOA savings account, so that you get the extra $20 per BBR card each year. Thats plenty enough reason to tie up a mere $300.

If I get a savings account, will I still be eligible to get checking account bonus of $300 later on?

These are usually targeted offers unless they are doing a promotion to get new accounts. I had a credit card with BoA before I opened the savings for the extra $$. I kept receiving offers to open a checking account so I don't think it will be a problem.

Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@deltatee wrote:

Admittedly, I do not have this card but it seems like a great card for guranteed cash back regardless of how much you spend on it.  Just out of curiousity, is it common for this card to offer BT offers beyond the initial sign-up offer?  If so, and if they are good offers, I think it makes this card even better.

Yes, and calling in may get you better offers than those displayed on the website.   I had a 12 month offer on the website, but I was able to call in and get an 18 month 0% offer, which is why my BBR #1 is carrying a balance.  

+1

BoA makes it very easy to love this card.

Message 24 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I love mine. I PCed to BBR from the old BofA Accelrated Cash Rewards American Express card back when it was still possible to PC to BBR. As others have said, probably one of the easiest "cash back" cards on the market. Use it each month, allow the balance to cycle on the statement and pay more than the minimum amount due each month. Then, every quarter you get a $25 reward. If you have a BofA checking or savings account you will get an additional $5 reward making it a $30/quarter reward card. 

If you do not link a BofA checking/savings account, the reward is issued as a statement credit. 

I think this card was intended to be for folks that carry a balance; BofA intended to reward cardholders that pay more than the minimum payment each month by helping lower the balance, but obviously people have found a way to obtain the reward with very little spend/time/effort.  I keep waiting for BofA to nerf or discontinue the card but it has been around a while now so who knows. In the meantime, I really enjoy mine. 

BofA also has BankAmerideals that can be added to the card (for instance, get 10% back on a purchase at Subway etc. they are usually geared towards your spending). But the BankAmerideals can add up along with the reward. BofA no longer has a mall like Citi, Chase and Discover though. 

Definitely another perk.  Almost immediately after approval for BBR #2, I was able to start using it for the BankAmeriDeals.   They take a long time to post, but I have them apply toward the balance on BBR #1 to help pay down the balance.   

+1

I always forget about the BankAmerideals.

Message 25 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@deltatee wrote:

Yes, and calling in may get you better offers than those displayed on the website.   I had a 12 month offer on the website, but I was able to call in and get an 18 month 0% offer, which is why my BBR #1 is carrying a balance.  

+1  I had this exact same experience.  Smiley Happy

In my case when I called in to activate the new card (BBR #1) I was routed to a CSR... he was fantastic, BTW.  I found out first-hand that the offers the CSRs have are sometimes better than the offers on the website.  In my case it was 15 months instead of the advertised 12 months, and I took them up on it.  Since then, I now have routine offers for 18 months.

I'm a big fan of the BBR; I got BBR #2 in January... as great as it is for the quarterly credit, IMO it's quite underrated for BTs.  Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 31
Subexistence
Established Contributor

For transactors who don't carry balance, is there any benefit I can get through calling?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 27 of 31
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I love mine. I PCed to BBR from the old BofA Accelrated Cash Rewards American Express card back when it was still possible to PC to BBR. As others have said, probably one of the easiest "cash back" cards on the market. Use it each month, allow the balance to cycle on the statement and pay more than the minimum amount due each month. Then, every quarter you get a $25 reward. If you have a BofA checking or savings account you will get an additional $5 reward making it a $30/quarter reward card. 

If you do not link a BofA checking/savings account, the reward is issued as a statement credit. 

I think this card was intended to be for folks that carry a balance; BofA intended to reward cardholders that pay more than the minimum payment each month by helping lower the balance, but obviously people have found a way to obtain the reward with very little spend/time/effort.  I keep waiting for BofA to nerf or discontinue the card but it has been around a while now so who knows. In the meantime, I really enjoy mine. 

BofA also has BankAmerideals that can be added to the card (for instance, get 10% back on a purchase at Subway etc. they are usually geared towards your spending). But the BankAmerideals can add up along with the reward. BofA no longer has a mall like Citi, Chase and Discover though. 

Definitely another perk.  Almost immediately after approval for BBR #2, I was able to start using it for the BankAmeriDeals.   They take a long time to post, but I have them apply toward the balance on BBR #1 to help pay down the balance.   

I've never had any BankAmerideals since I never swiped the card (I did a BT the same day I activated BBR #1) and it's been said that you have to use the card a bit before you start to see the offers.  Basically I gave up even checking.

Since I now have BBR #2 and I've swiped it a couple of times reading this thread prompted me to go take a look to see if anything was there... and there was!

ATTdeal.png

There's an AT&T company store nearby so taking advantage of this will be a breeze... I'll use it to pick up a couple of cards for my prepaid plan.  I was also able to make sure that the $75 credit will show up on BBR #1 (which is carrying a balance) rather than BBR #2, which is the card I'll actually use - I was pleasantly surprised to see this was even possible.

I already was a fan of the BBR... now I like it even more! Smiley Very Happy

(It goes without being said, but as always huge shout-out to all my friends here for the heads-up!)

Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've never had any BankAmerideals since I never swiped the card (I did a BT the same day I activated BBR #1) and it's been said that you have to use the card a bit before you start to see the offers.  Basically I gave up even checking.

Since I now have BBR #2 and I've swiped it a couple of times reading this thread prompted me to go take a look to see if anything was there... and there was!

ATTdeal.png

There's an AT&T company store nearby so taking advantage of this will be a breeze... I'll use it to pick up a couple of cards for my prepaid plan.  I was also able to make sure that the $75 credit will show up on BBR #1 (which is carrying a balance) rather than BBR #2, which is the card I'll actually use - I was pleasantly surprised to see this was even possible.

I already was a fan of the BBR... now I like it even more! Smiley Very Happy

(It goes without being said, but as always huge shout-out to all my friends here for the heads-up!)

Sweet deal UncleB! Like I said before, BoA makes it easy to Heart BBR credit card.

Message 29 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using this card for two years. They just sent a letter stating I can use it now for 0% APR for next 12 months. It really helped me building my credit profile.
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.