cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your opinion on Barclays Cash Forward card?

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: What is your opinion on Barclays Cash Forward card?

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I think it's worth going for if you get the targeted $200 spend offer.   For their standard $100 offer, I think you're better off getting QS.   Barclay has a good rewards programs in terms of how quickly rewards post, but the $50 threshold for rewards redemption is, IMHO, excessive for CashForward (Citi DC has a $25 threshold and Cap One QS has none).  

The standard public offer is $200.

Message 31 of 35
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@MrDisco99 wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I think it's worth going for if you get the targeted $200 spend offer.   For their standard $100 offer, I think you're better off getting QS.   Barclay has a good rewards programs in terms of how quickly rewards post, but the $50 threshold for rewards redemption is, IMHO, excessive for CashForward (Citi DC has a $25 threshold and Cap One QS has none).  

The standard public offer is $200.

Well, that's good.   Their original $100 offer must not have won over enough hearts and minds.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 32 of 35
dak17
New Contributor

I love my Barclays Cashforward. I got it in Dec 2016. $10,500 limit and $4,200 cash limit (not tht i'd use it). I have opened 8 credit card accounts since receiving the card. I got the sign-up bonus but never did a BT.
Message 33 of 35
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Subexistence wrote:

I just got approved for it for 3k limit. I haven't actually heard a lot of discussion on this forum about that card. I'm not opposed to using it as my general spend card once my Disco cashback match promotion ends. Right now it's the only card I have that gives higher than 1%CB on general spend. I got it for the $200 SUB but I'd give it a chance to be my general spend card until I get a DC or something like that if nothing is inherently negative about it. If it is bad, then I will get the bonus then SD it.

So anyways what is your opinion on it?

I would have asked about a issuing bank/creditors product BEFORE I apped for it... If you did a quick search you would have found the data for pro/cons about dealing with Sir Barclay and his neurosis....... The bonus is nice.. the bank is very twitchy..... and the minimum cashout is a bit steep... I wouldn't have recommended this card for you in your current situation... Even the Cap One QS or DC would have been better options... One has an anytime cashout, the other is a much more reasonable 25$ cashout... 

That said. Now you have it.... What to do... Id say use it. get the bonus, even possibly take them up on promos.. But i wouldnt take a BT offer on it yet... and replace it eventually... 

-J

Message 34 of 35
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@dak17 wrote:
I love my Barclays Cashforward. I got it in Dec 2016. $10,500 limit and $4,200 cash limit (not tht i'd use it). I have opened 8 credit card accounts since receiving the card. I got the sign-up bonus but never did a BT.

Well, I'm glad you enjoy it. I got mine in August 2016, did the $500 spend for the $100 bonus and carried a balance for the 12 mo. 0% intro, but paid it off this month as the 0% is ending. Now I'm using it with Plastiq to pay my mortgage to get my $39.xx rewards up to $50 redemption level to cash out & then it gets sock drawered. 1.5% doesn't cut it anymore and the $50 rewards redemption level is ridiculous. I'd love to replace it with another Barclays card as it has a $13.2k CL, but Barclays doesn't have anything I want - I rarely travel and that's pretty much all they have now, travel reward cards.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.