cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your opinion on citi double cash?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Super Contributor

Re: What is your opinion on citi double cash?

You can redeem for a direct deposit into any account if you've used that account to pay your Citi bill at least twice.

To the user who mentioned it above, BOA allows check redemption, Amex does not. 

At the end of the day 2 percent vs 1.5 percent isn't going to change anyone's life so one should just use whatever they prefer. 

Message 31 of 70
Highlighted
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

First true bankcard in my rebuild so thats cool. Cant get a cli for the life of me, hp or sp. Just received first bt offer for 0% 18months yesterday but not much i can do with 1200 sl. I like when you pay it updates available credit right away. I guess my biggest distraction is Citis stinginess with regards to cli, but being that im not a huge spender, i guess i can live with itSmiley Happy
Message 32 of 70
Highlighted
Established Contributor

I like it.  But I would like it more if it had a larger CL.  I just purchased a washer and dryer for my new rental house on it to get the price rewind and extended warranty coverage, and will have to make a payment so I can use it for the rental truck in a couple weeks so that I have the roadside assistance and rental insurance.

EX680 TU 659 EQ 691
Cap1 QS-$4,500 Chase Freedom Visa- $800 Chase Freedom Unlimited- $500 Victoria's Secret- $2000 Citi DC- $800 Amazon Store Card- $3,500 AMEX Hilton Honors-$1,000 Discover It-$1,000 Wal-Mart MC $290 Chase Sapphire Preferred-$5,000 NFCU Flagship $10,000 AMEX BCE-$1,000 AMEX Gold-NPSL
NFCU SSL $88/1005
Message 33 of 70
Highlighted
Super Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

I heard some posters say it's bad while others say it's good. I just want to know the community's opinion before I apply.

Some people swear by the card and think it's great.

My opinion is it's ok for purchases but way overrated because:

1. first 1% delayed until statement after purchase
2. second 1% delayed until statement after payment
3. redemption minimum of $25
4. low starting limits
5. hard to get CLI's, usually no soft pull opportunity
6. no balance transfer opportunities after first 30 days
7. high interest & high fees
8. foreign transaction fees

+1 So many other cards deliver more.

Daily Drivers: Penfed Platinum Rewards; NFCU GoRewards; Discover..
Message 34 of 70
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Subexistence wrote:

I heard some posters say it's bad while others say it's good. I just want to know the community's opinion before I apply.

Some people swear by the card and think it's great.

My opinion is it's ok for purchases but way overrated because:

1. first 1% delayed until statement after purchase
2. second 1% delayed until statement after payment
3. redemption minimum of $25
4. low starting limits
5. hard to get CLI's, usually no soft pull opportunity
6. no balance transfer opportunities after first 30 days
7. high interest & high fees
8. foreign transaction fees

Too much analyzed. It is like Fidelity Visa CC. A rather simple straight 2% card. Get it, or move on.

Message 35 of 70
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@PapasChileHuevos wrote:

I love it. Any complaining about the DC seems like it's stretching it a bit. As others have said, what are the alternatives for an unlimited 2% card? Blispay and Fidelity both have some issues (moreso Blispay, it sounds like).

I'm certainly not going to use a 1.5% card for non-bonus spending over a couple of very minor issues. But if someone wanted to, I could see it I guess. 

I do have a question. Do you guys get rewards redeemed via direct deposit into a non-Citi account? I can't seem to figure out how to do that so I just have them mail a check. Not a huge deal, but that would be very convenient. If it's not possible, that would be one very minor thing I'd like to see changed. Chase and Discover do seem to make the direct deposit very convenient.

But at least a check is an option.  I don't actually like it when cards only allow redemption via statement credit. As far as I can tell, that's the only option with BOA and AMEX (please correct if that's wrong). Statement credit is bad with the DC for obvious reasons, but I use the cards for a lot of business expenses. It's much simpler to pay the actual statement balance without any sort of statement credit.

It is possible but it has to be an account which you've recently used as an account from which to make online payments on the card.

Makes sense. It's still a pretty new card (only 2 statements cut). I would've thought I'd have met the threshold for number of payments from the account by now (I pay by the transaction), but I guess not. Hopefully, it'll give me the option on the next statement.

Actually, I wonder if the issue is that I have autopay set-up for the business account, but I want the rewards to be deposited to the personal account. I've used both for many payments, but only the business has ever been used to pay the ending statement balance.

CapOne Secured ($500), Discover It ($1600), BOA Cash Rewards Secured ($500), Amazon Store Card ($2700), Chase Freedom ($6000), Citi DC ($3200), AMEX BCE ($3000), Chase Amazon Visa ($2000)
Message 36 of 70
Highlighted
Established Contributor

My most used card.

Flat 2% is hard to argue with - though I have some diversity with Chase.  IMO if I could only have 1 card it would be this one.

Message 37 of 70
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Have it, love it. Recurring 0% APR offers for Purchases and BT. Limit 33k. One of my most used cards.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 38 of 70
Highlighted
Valued Member

I use PR quite often and they are great because you can simply email the paperwork - it can be 2-4 weeks but usually goes through no issue. Twice had a minor issue and they were wonderful to deal with on the phone  - easy and friendly phone calls, and issues were fixed pretty quickly after that. Big plus over Discover where you weirdly need to call in to start each match then wait for the email, then fill the form out. I've gotten rewinds for $5 and for almost $500....

Just got a CLI from 6500 to 13000 (they chose the amount.) Was happy - didn't expect it to double.

As some other said the 2 added years of warranty is a huge bonus that makes a difference - most of our everyday shop that isn't in the 5% OBC Amex or the revolving Discover will go on this + anything we might need a warranty on. I do miss Discover CS though that's for sure!!

Scores 835 & 800DH I Amex OBC 50k I Discover IT 50k I Citi DCash 35k I Cap1 Spark 20k I Chase Ink 20k I Costco Citi 10k
Message 39 of 70
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I love my DC card, it started low ($2,000) but it is growing steadily! Also wanted to add that Citi finally improved the build quality of the card, the first one I got was very poorly made but the latest one is very high quality,.

Gardening until September 2019
Next app: Mortgage in September 2019
Message 40 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.