cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your "Hardest approval Credit Card"list..

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: What is your "Hardest approval Credit Card"list..

@Jimmy what does your files look like?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 48
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

In a word? DISCOVER

Smiley Mad

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 22 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditCrusader You'll get it in due time!!! keep gaining positive history and try again. When was your denial?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 23 of 48
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

I have been rejected 3 times at the register for Kohl's. Yep. I tried and was publically rejected not once, not twice but three times. I now refuse to app them even though they "might" like me now. (Then again, they might never like me... Smiley Sad)

If you look at my wallet, probably the hardest card to get is the new one, the FNBO card- I hear they are picky. Or maybe AMEX Gold Rewards Plus with the Sign and Travel option (which is like and add on revolver) and with NPSL. 

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 24 of 48
imhotepng
New Contributor

Centurion JP Morgan Palladium
Message 25 of 48
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
@CreditCrusader You'll get it in due time!!! keep gaining positive history and try again. When was your denial?

It was in December...they wanted me to be 2 years out of BK (That's what the recon rep told me, anyway). Now that I have two prime cards in Barclay Apple ($1,500 CL, no AF, 16.9% APR...sorry Barclay haters, but that represents PRIME terms! Smiley Happy) and the 3 Rivers Platinum from my CU, I will close down the others (barely over a year old all..served their purpose, and my AAoA is 9+ years anyway) and wait until I cross 700 for both TU and EQ to apply again.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 26 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CreditCrusader Good idea!! you'll be golden next go around!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 27 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here too
Message 28 of 48
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Cardcrazyboi what card are you talking about?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 48
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

I would say Barclays, specifically Barnes and Noble one.

They denied me because of thin files, and recons ended up in failures too (called twice, both time encountered grumpy analysts who hang up my phone call soon after).

Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.