What is your "I've arrived" Card?

tag
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Re: What is your "I've arrived" Card?

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@asteroidblues86 wrote:

When I was 19 years old I got an Amex revolver.

What does this have to do with anything?

That was my 2 part answer to OP 2 part question.

It seems more like you were trying to impress people. The question that the OP asked looked like the following: "Having which card in your wallet makes you think that you've "arrived" and why?" You did not answer which card, or why. You instead answered how old you were when you got your first amex revolver. How is that a two-part answer when it is one piece of information? I am sorry to, so to speak, "call you out", but at first I was confused -- then you said that you answered the question and implied that I was being dumb...

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 21 of 85
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Amex Lowes Card and PRG... got them within 24 hours of each other and thought, dang, I'm done rebuilding.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 22 of 85
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I thought I had 'arrrived' last April when I got Amex Green, Discover More, and Chase Freedom all within the same week.

Then, I read a lot of posts here that dissed the Green card.... And I thought 'I'm happy I don't live my life to please those who evaluate me by the cards I pull out''. Lol
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 23 of 85
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:
I thought I had 'arrrived' last April when I got Amex Green, Discover More, and Chase Freedom all within the same week.

Then, I read a lot of posts here that dissed the Green card.... And I thought 'I'm happy I don't live my life to please those who evaluate me by the cards I pull out''. Lol

What in the world LOL! I love my Green for Biz!

Green is good when you dont want to pay a high AF with AMEX for awards and the spending ability of NPSL. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 24 of 85
js0319
Established Contributor

AMEX - any type of AMEX!

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 25 of 85
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:

+1

Well if you are satisfied with the Green, you have arrived. Everyone is different and sees his/the credit world different in a different way. Some also here tells us, Amex is the beast due to AA and FR and ... I think Amex is just great. Does that makes me any better or worse? Or the other members better or worse? I hope not.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 26 of 85
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@shakalaka wrote:

@frugalQ wrote:

+1

Well if you are satisfied with the Green, you have arrived. Everyone is different and sees his/the credit world different in a different way. Some also here tells us, Amex is the beast due to AA and FR and ... I think Amex is just great. Does that makes me any better or worse? Or the other members better or worse? I hope not.

+1

Its all personal preference

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 27 of 85
Open123
Super Contributor

@bs6054 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Depends on what is meant by "arrived."

n terms financial success, there's nothing that screams "arrived" quite like charging $50K for a banquet with the world knowing your bill is due in full within 30 days.

Well, apart from walking into a bank in Zurich with an 250M SFR bearer bond.  I was going to do that until I found out my dog ate it (the bond, not Zurich or the bank)

Yeah, it's like cars.

How it looks, the rims, and all the trimmings are great.  Ultimately, it's all about what's under the hood.

Message 28 of 85
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@shakalaka wrote:

@frugalQ wrote:

+1

Well, maybe, but I really think the whole "I have arrived" concept requires external approval. "I have achieved something and others should know and be somewhat impressed" type of thing. 

Message 29 of 85
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

For me, it has always been about prime vs subprime. I could care less what others think. Getting those prime cards meant that I had moved to higher tier credit-wise. That's what 'arriving' means to me.

Funny story, I went to lunch with co-workers and used my Amex green to pay. One of them asked me if I was paying with my Corp Amex (of course I was not). I guess she wasn't used to people using a regular green Amex. Lol. We still have a good laugh over it. However, ever since then, I triple check which Amex card I'm using....she had me shook. Rofl
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 30 of 85
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.