Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your set up card ?

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: What is your set up card ?

I get 10% back from Costco for the next 3 months!

Been waiting to make a major purchase (@$5,000).

Gotta love Discover!  HeartSmiley LOLHeart

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 51 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disney Premier Visa for groceries and gas (2X Disney Reward Dollars)

Sapphire Preferred for dining and travel (2X UR)

Hyatt for Spotify and Netflix (to keep it alive)

Freedom Unlimited for everything else (1.5X UR)

When I get my regular Freedom card again it will be used for the 5X categories

Message 52 of 54
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure what set up card is, but here is my current strategy.

AMZ for Amazon Spend - 5%  (note: get the STORE CARD, not the CC if you are a churner).

Unless you need some other features of the Chase card (such as 5% of WF, if you spend more than $6K on groceries)

True, if you like to overpay for food at Whole Paycheck, then the CC might be of use.  I never understood overpaying 20+% to save 5% Smiley Happy.

The Amazon takeover has made prices lower at WholeFoods, especially with the prime member discounts.   For some items that I buy, it is often cheaper than Target and Walmart and local chain Stop&Shop.  Of course, other items are more, but the Whole Paycheck designation is out of date.

Message 53 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure what set up card is, but here is my current strategy.

AMZ for Amazon Spend - 5%  (note: get the STORE CARD, not the CC if you are a churner).

Unless you need some other features of the Chase card (such as 5% of WF, if you spend more than $6K on groceries)

True, if you like to overpay for food at Whole Paycheck, then the CC might be of use.  I never understood overpaying 20+% to save 5% Smiley Happy.

The Amazon takeover has made prices lower at WholeFoods, especially with the prime member discounts.   For some items that I buy, it is often cheaper than Target and Walmart and local chain Stop&Shop.  Of course, other items are more, but the Whole Paycheck designation is out of date.

Meh, not in Socal.  Sure, they lowered prices moderately.  But Trader Joes, Sprouts, and Costco are much better value for almost equivalent quality and in some cases superior quality.  The 5% discount isn't enough.  Would rather get 6% from my amex at better value stores.

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.