cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your single LARGEST purchased on your CC?

tag
konabill
Regular Contributor

Re: What is your single LARGEST purchased on your CC?

I charged a full tank of gas Smiley Wink           

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 21 of 129
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@konabill wrote:

I charged a full tank of gas Smiley Wink           

It sounds like your spending is out of control!  Smiley Wink

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 22 of 129
DI
Super Contributor

My largest CC purchase was a $300 GMC Denali Road Bike.  But it caught flat the same day I got it.  I  took it back without getting a new one. 

Message 23 of 129
vish1
Valued Contributor

did you mean $3000?

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 24 of 129
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@plasticman wrote:

Two years ago, when my son was 16, I purchased him a used car on my Discover card for $17,000. The dealer did not want me to pay by CC but relented when I was prepared to walk if they did not allow me to pay by CC. Interestingly, they did break up the charge into two charges of $8500 each. Not sure why.

Once posted to my account I paid Discover in full.

Interesting...I didnt know you can buy a car with a CC. That is quite a sum of $$$$ or CL you have there.

Message 25 of 129
DI
Super Contributor

@vish1 wrote:

did you mean $3000?

No, it was $300 road bike.  Not a bike that requires gas. LOL

Message 26 of 129
Established Contributor

@tntexans72 wrote:

@plasticman wrote:

Two years ago, when my son was 16, I purchased him a used car on my Discover card for $17,000. The dealer did not want me to pay by CC but relented when I was prepared to walk if they did not allow me to pay by CC. Interestingly, they did break up the charge into two charges of $8500 each. Not sure why.

Once posted to my account I paid Discover in full.

Interesting...I didnt know you can buy a car with a CC. That is quite a sum of $$$$ or CL you have there.

Yes you can. I learned to do that here at myFICO.

Clearly, unless you have the cash to pay off immediately it makes no sense. It will depend on the dealer and your persistence with respect to what they will let you charge due to the CC fees. I did a lot of research before I bought the car including calls to different dealers specifically inquiring about charging on my CC. All dealers I spoke with said they had a limit usually between 3k to 4k, as this one did, but when push came to shove they relented for the entire amount.

CL is 25k.

Message 27 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

$11,500

I was late setting up a business trip for a convention I was going to myself and a couple of other people.    I didn't have time to do a purchase order and wait for approval, so I paid for it all up-front and put it on expense reports afterward.

I paid the company the fees, in Euros, the direct flights, the hotel rooms and  rental car---for Germany.

NFCU cashRewards at 1.5% == $172.50 cash back.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've also made a downpayment on a Mustang GT convertible on my AMEX a decade ago.   $8,500.00

I actually sent the payment in online hours before I went to the dealership to have them swipe my card.   The car was on order from a dealership in another state, and when I got back to work... guess who was calling my cell phone with a 1-800-number caller ID?   Smiley Very Happy

Love ya, AMEX F/R.  Don't ever change.

Message 29 of 129
Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought my Rolex Sub for $3250 in 1983 with my Amex.... PIF when statement arrived.

Ray

Message 30 of 129
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.