cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is your single LARGEST purchased on your CC?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What is your single LARGEST purchased on your CC?

$3000 down payment for my motorcycle on my amex.

Message 31 of 129
konabill
Regular Contributor

Just purchased (Friday) a Triumph Speed Triple 1050 with my USAA World Mastercard.  Processed as 2 transactions, 11,366    Can pay 50% immediately  approx 90 days on remaining balance (selling my old bike ).   Really wanted the bike but I do not need any new accounts or inquiries for such a short-term.  Dealer had no problems processing transaction.......Love USAA ! 

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 32 of 129
chopperacn
New Contributor

$17000 as a BT check towards downpayment for new MDX , couple of years ago, wanted to avail the cash back on citi cash returns card.

Paid it off when I got the statement.

Message 33 of 129
in0wh3r3ul1v3
New Contributor

stuck in FL because of IRENE, and wasn't able to go to pay the bursar in person, so i put the balance of my tuition on my BofA: $1368.

should be able to PIF next week when i'm home.

Macy's Red Star - $5100 (1/2010)
AMEX Everyday - $9000 (1/2011 Backdated)
AMEX Green Corporate - NPSL
Chase Amazon Prime - $8900 (11/2011)
Lowe's/SYNCB - $6500 (7/2014)
J. Crew/CB - $3500 (2/2015)
Target REDcard - $500 (11/2015)
Citi AAdvantage - $4000 (6/2016)
Chase United MileagePlus - $5000 (2/2017)
Message 34 of 129
Ron1
Super Contributor

my A.C. went dead two days ago and I had to purchase a new one for $4300 on my Citi Dividend World MC. 

Ron.

Message 35 of 129
GregB
Valued Contributor

@konabill wrote:

Just purchased (Friday) a Triumph Speed Triple 1050 with my USAA World Mastercard.  Processed as 2 transactions, 11,366    Can pay 50% immediately  approx 90 days on remaining balance (selling my old bike ).   Really wanted the bike but I do not need any new accounts or inquiries for such a short-term.  Dealer had no problems processing transaction.......Love USAA ! 

Now that is something worth using a CC to buy. I just barely resisted buying one.

If they put the better suspension on the Street Triple 675 I will have to have one.

It is really time to slow down as I'm sure I wouldn't bounce as well as I would have 30 years ago when I was 30.

Message 36 of 129
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Two decks and a patio, netting me $400 worth on books via my B&N card

Smiley Very Happy

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 37 of 129
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

It wasn't a real purchase I suppose, but I once put about $20K of flights on my corporate Amex one day because I didn't know how long a deposition was going to take and the opposing attorney wouldn't give me any kind of idea how long he had planned.  I needed to be at a friend's wedding and I was filling in for someone else last minute for the deposition.  I bought every refundable route for the wedding that was available and as the deposition wore on, I had my assistant cancel the flights I wasn't going to be able to make so that we could get the refund. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 129
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

It wasn't a real purchase I suppose, but I once put about $20K of flights on my corporate Amex one day because I didn't know how long a deposition was going to take and the opposing attorney wouldn't give me any kind of idea how long he had planned.  I needed to be at a friend's wedding and I was filling in for someone else last minute for the deposition.  I bought every refundable route for the wedding that was available and as the deposition wore on, I had my assistant cancel the flights I wasn't going to be able to make so that we could get the refund. 

I think it's great knowing you have the buying power when you need it, yet you covered all your bases in case things didn't fall through.

Message 39 of 129
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

$5000 down payment on my used Chrysler 300C. My insurance check from my previous (wrecked) car was delayed and the dealer didn't want to wait. Used my USAA MC with no problem.

Second place - $2500 for a memory foam mattress.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 40 of 129
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.