Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 11 of 14
nmorton79
Regular Contributor

Re: What is your ultimate CC and why?

I have 2 ultimate CC's 

#1 Chase Saphire card..this card will be joint w/ DH..we will use for household(home improvements, repairs, etc.) purchases.  Since this will be a joint card there will be no personal spending on it.

#2 Citi Thank you preferred card...This will be my personal card..I will use it to treat myself to things.

Live~Laugh~Love

Starting Score: EQ 401, TU430
Current Score: EQ 501, TU 500
Goal Score: 700+ across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Live~Laugh~Love
Message 12 of 14
clownfico
Valued Member

For me, it is situational dependent:

Amex Plat/Zync: ...Travel related expenses

Any NFCU products:  ... Discretionary cash float flexibility.

Any PenFed products: ... Ad hoc emergencies. PFCU's  customer service has been simply outstanding IME.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My ultimate card, once I have the credit score and history to get it, is the Capital One Venture. I love to travel, especially as a US Soccer fan it is a great chance to see a lot of places. I have done the math with the Venture vs an Airline branded card and in almost all cases the Venture came out ahead since I am the type to plan ahead and shop for the best fare. It almost always takes less spending on the Venture card instead of having a set mileage amount needed to redeem. Plus when I redeem a free flight with the Venture I can double dip and still earn miles in a frequent flyer program and eventually save up for a free flight by redeeming miles too. As a budget traveler the Venture is king.

Will be like Christmas morning if I ever get an offer to upgrade my no hassle cash rewards platinum to the Venture someday.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.