cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What new cards are coming out??

Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: What new cards are coming out??


@Djgrolyos wrote:
@longtimelurker.....

agreed but everyone isn't like the people who come on credit forums. I think the general population might actually wait if they knew. People on here not so much.

Also... what's the benefit of a company not letting the info out? I would think letting the info get out and building up hype for the rollout would benefit companies.



Standard business secrecy: don't let your competitors know your plans until you are ready to launch.  And in many cases, there really isn't much to hype about, "Another 1.5% card, wow just what I need!"  but even in those cases no need to let your competitors know that you have something lukewarm at best.

 

It can be a big problem.   My old company recently launched a major promotion (aka race to the bottom) and didn't tell the CSRs until the day of launch as they have been the source of links in the past.    This led to the great situation of customers calling in about it and the CSRs not knowing what they were talking about!

Message 31 of 45
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: What new cards are coming out??

Introducing….

The Credit One Black Card – The credit card you never knew you couldn’t afford.

29%-47.7% Variable APR compounded hourly

Starting Credit Limits up to $500.00

$450 Annual Fee
$13 Monthly Fee
$125 Fee fee
$4.95 Inconvenience Fee
$3.99 Administrative Fee
$1.25 or 30% Credit Card Fee

Who is eligible? – The Credit One Black Card is available by invitation only, but don’t worry, we will invite the *** out of you.

Are there any fees? – Fee rhymes with Free which this card is not.

Credit One – When you need a card real bad, we’ve got a real bad card.


Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 32 of 45
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: What new cards are coming out??

Credit One must regret not coming up with a name like First Premier.  (like "Best Best")   OK, they get confused with Capital One, but not nearly such a good name.

Message 33 of 45
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: What new cards are coming out??


@MyLoFICO wrote:

Introducing….

The Credit One Black Card – The credit card you never knew you couldn’t afford.

29%-47.7% Variable APR compounded hourly

Starting Credit Limits up to $500.00

$450 Annual Fee
$13 Monthly Fee
$125 Fee fee
$4.95 Inconvenience Fee
$3.99 Administrative Fee
$1.25 or 30% Credit Card Fee

Who is eligible? – The Credit One Black Card is available by invitation only, but don’t worry, we will invite the *** out of you.

Are there any fees? – Fee rhymes with Free which this card is not.

Credit One – When you need a card real bad, we’ve got a real bad card.


Baaaahahaha!!!!! Baaaahahaha!!!!! Baaaahahaha!!!!!





Okay, I tried... Code wouldn't cooperate. Tried for 3 hours!!!
CapOne WMTMC 10K
AMEX GREEN NPSL
AMEX ED 26.1K
Message 34 of 45
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: What new cards are coming out??


@longtimelurker wrote:

@Djgrolyos wrote:
I wish someone would start a website with info on new cards coming out. It's so annoying to Google and find 100
Sites with the same 10 cards listed, none of them new despite the search terms

Where do you imagine the info would come from?   Most card companies want to keep details as secret as possible until launch, so at best you get a list of maybe/possible/wrong rumors.   Which happens here as well of course!

 

Also, I wonder how many people here REALLY think: "I sort of want to apply for card X but I hear card Y might be coming out soon, so I will wait".  OK, some do but others would be more "I'll get X now and Y when it comes out"


Which bank is releasing the Y card? I think I may be interested in that one.





TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 35 of 45
Highlighted
Mega Contributor

Re: What new cards are coming out??


@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Djgrolyos wrote:
I wish someone would start a website with info on new cards coming out. It's so annoying to Google and find 100
Sites with the same 10 cards listed, none of them new despite the search terms

Where do you imagine the info would come from?   Most card companies want to keep details as secret as possible until launch, so at best you get a list of maybe/possible/wrong rumors.   Which happens here as well of course!

 

Also, I wonder how many people here REALLY think: "I sort of want to apply for card X but I hear card Y might be coming out soon, so I will wait".  OK, some do but others would be more "I'll get X now and Y when it comes out"


Which bank is releasing the Y card? I think I may be interested in that one.


It's from the ToysForTheBoys Bank, which has a strange policy, to get one of their cards you MUST have had at least 10 new accounts in the last 24 months.  Unlike Chase, the theory is the more cards you have, the more you can be trusted.   But who in the world would have ten accounts in 2 years, crazy!

Message 36 of 45
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: What new cards are coming out??


@longtimelurker wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Djgrolyos wrote:
I wish someone would start a website with info on new cards coming out. It's so annoying to Google and find 100
Sites with the same 10 cards listed, none of them new despite the search terms

Where do you imagine the info would come from?   Most card companies want to keep details as secret as possible until launch, so at best you get a list of maybe/possible/wrong rumors.   Which happens here as well of course!

 

Also, I wonder how many people here REALLY think: "I sort of want to apply for card X but I hear card Y might be coming out soon, so I will wait".  OK, some do but others would be more "I'll get X now and Y when it comes out"


Which bank is releasing the Y card? I think I may be interested in that one.


It's from the ToysForTheBoys Bank, which has a strange policy, to get one of their cards you MUST have had at least 10 new accounts in the last 24 months.  Unlike Chase, the theory is the more cards you have, the more you can be trusted.   But who in the world would have ten accounts in 2 years, crazy!


Nevermind the Y card, the X card looks better and it even has coverage for crap you bought 3 years ago!!





Okay, I tried... Code wouldn't cooperate. Tried for 3 hours!!!
CapOne WMTMC 10K
AMEX GREEN NPSL
AMEX ED 26.1K
Message 37 of 45
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: What new cards are coming out??


@TiggerDat wrote:

Credit One card is coming out with their new Gee Golly Good card.  It has 10% rewards on Gas, Groceries, and Gym Membership Purchases.  It has an over the limit fee of $35 dollars and $10 every day the account remains over the limit and an AF of $350 with a maximum credit limit of $300 which applies to any over the limit amount ever posted including the AF.  It also has a 6 week 0% APR, they charge $6 a month statement fee, and a $6 telephone fee for any access to your account.  If you ever want to raise your limit they charge $25 for every $50 increment you want.  The good news is that they will open the card with or without your permission so you can start a great relationship with them as soon as possible.


^^^

I just can't stop laughing, this is beyond hilarious...

 

P.S. I applied online. Instant approval! Starting SL is $16.63

Message 38 of 45
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: What new cards are coming out??


@SmartCredit1 wrote:

@TiggerDat wrote:

Credit One card is coming out with their new Gee Golly Good card.  It has 10% rewards on Gas, Groceries, and Gym Membership Purchases.  It has an over the limit fee of $35 dollars and $10 every day the account remains over the limit and an AF of $350 with a maximum credit limit of $300 which applies to any over the limit amount ever posted including the AF.  It also has a 6 week 0% APR, they charge $6 a month statement fee, and a $6 telephone fee for any access to your account.  If you ever want to raise your limit they charge $25 for every $50 increment you want.  The good news is that they will open the card with or without your permission so you can start a great relationship with them as soon as possible.


^^^

I just can't stop laughing, this is beyond hilarious...

 

P.S. I applied online. Instant approval! Starting SL is $16.63


Please don't gloat. Not everyone is a high roller like you. Some of us got declined. Smiley Sad 


Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 39 of 45
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: What new cards are coming out??


@CO_NATIVE wrote:

Other than the new US Bank Altitiude card, Capital One Premier Dining and the Alliant Visa Signature, I have not heard about any new cards coming down the pike.

 

I would love to see NFCU come up with something to match or exceed the PenFed Power Cash Back card or the USAA Limitless though. It would also be nice to see something actually compelling from Amex. But then again, you did not ask for a wish list of cards. Smiley Happy


I'm not a traveller, but man, that US Bank Altitude seems awesome.  The 3% on mobile payments is very interesting, and it sounds like they've got some pretty cool ideas like the ease of using points towards transactions without even needing to open up the site in a browser.

 

If I traveled at all, I'd be very interested. 

CapOne Secured ($500), Discover It ($1600), BOA Cash Rewards Secured ($500), Amazon Store Card ($2700), Chase Freedom ($6000), Citi DC ($3200), AMEX BCE ($3000), Chase Amazon Visa ($2000)
Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.