cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What % of your SL was your 1st Discover CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What % of your SL was your 1st Discover CLI?

Very good information here.

At some point I'll probably compile the data points from this thread as well as those from other threads that I've taken note of and come up with some sort of bell curve for Discover CLIs in the first 91 days.  Shooting from the hip so far it seems that the vast majority seem to be reporting CLIs somewhere in the 20-30% range, with a slightly smaller amount in the 10-20% range and 30-40% range and of course some outliers both below and above those ranges. 

Message 21 of 51
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@austinguy907 wrote:

False!  If you get an Auto you have been notified that your account is ready to roll down the tracks and get CLI's from the LUV button.  See my post where I got the Auto and a manual the same day.  HIT THE BUTTON!

I'm not suggesting that if you get an auto CLI during the first month or two that you can't still get a CLI at 91+ days.  What I'm saying is that getting an auto CLI prior to 91+ days messes up the data point that I'm looking for in a way... that is, having received an auto CLI previously could impact the amount of the requested CLI.  My point is basically that it introduces another variable.  Not that this is a bad thing, just that it could sort of skew the numbers in a way.  I guess the best way to represent it would be adding your 91+ CLI to whatever auto CLI you received (if any) and using that as "first CLI" data. 

You can't request a specific limit with Discover though.  It's not a form that asks "What do you want to have for a credit limit" like Amex or others.  I suppose you might get the ability to specify something over the phone and get a couter offer if your profile isn't quite where they want it to be.  This doesn't make sense if you're looking for 90 day initial data points versus profiles that supported an auto increase which then triggers the ability to request one.  

The simplest way to think about your intial CLI with Discover is that it's either a denial or somewhere between $500-$6500 based on the reports on here.

Message 22 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

The 1st CLI is 50% (4000 to 6000)

The last CLI is 26% (25000 to 31500)

ps. It was 8 CLIs during 14 months.

Message 23 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

First increase was 50%, from $1200 to $1800, initiated by the luv button.  They auto-cli'd $500 2 months later, only auto-luv I've ever gotten.  All others were initiated by the button.  Monthly spend with this card has been in the $200-300 range most months, all but one time PIF.

July '15-Oct '15 $1,200 TU 620-640

Nov '15-Jan '16 $1,800 TU 643-651

Feb '16-Mar '16 $2,300 TU 657-669

Apr '16-Jun '16 $3,500 TU 664-673

July '16 $4,000 TU 672

August '16 $5,500 TU 674

Message 24 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@austinguy907 wrote:

You can't request a specific limit with Discover though.  It's not a form that asks "What do you want to have for a credit limit" like Amex or others.  I suppose you might get the ability to specify something over the phone and get a couter offer if your profile isn't quite where they want it to be.  This doesn't make sense if you're looking for 90 day initial data points versus profiles that supported an auto increase which then triggers the ability to request one.  

I never said that you could request a specific limit with Discover.  All I'm really after here are how much people have received CLI wise in the first 91+ days compared to their SL.  I also don't buy the terminology "profiles that support an auto increase."  If someone has the ability to receive a 50% initiated increase at 91 days, there's no way that a month earlier their profile didn't "support" an auto increase of 10% when there are plenty of people out there that at 60 days have received a 10% CLI with "worse" profiles.  Like I said in my previous post, auto CLIs just add in an additional variable here so I think it's best to consider total 91+ day CLI.  What I mean is that if someone has a SL of $5000 and at 60 days they got a $500 auto CLI (10%) and then a month later at 91 days they request a CLI and get another $2000 to bring them up to $7500, in 91+ days their limit increased by 50%.  If they didn't receive the $500 auto CLI, who's to say that their initiated CLI at 91 days wouldn't have been $2500 instead of $2000?  My point is that the end result could very well be the same, so IMO the total CLI increase in the first 91 days is what should be considered here in terms of contributing a data point.

Message 25 of 51
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Well, playing into your intial CL increase / auto throwing it off scenario.  My first auto and maual request results in almost 100% or specifically 91.11% 

7/27/2015Opening Limit$4,500 
10/21/2015Auto CLI$5,600$1,100
10/21/2015Manual CLI (Instant)$8,600$3,000
Message 26 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, so in your case if you didn't get the Auto CLI I would think the manual one you received would be equal to that of the Auto + Manual anyway as it looks like you received both on the same day?

Message 27 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'll play...

6.7.15 6k SL
9.12.15 +4k = 10k
12.16.15 +3k = 13k
1.18.16 +3k = 16k *2day msg
            2.18.16 *2day msg denial
3.20.16 +1.5k = 17.5k *2day msg
            4.20.16 *2day msg denial
5.09.16 +3k = 20.5k *2day msg
            6.27.16 *2day msg denial
8.10.16 +6k = 26.5k

sweet spot for me seems to be 91+ days

Message 28 of 51
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't think I've heard of many receiving 200% initial CLI gains with Discover like is routinely the case with Amex or anything so I'm just curious about this. 

Depends heavily on credit profile just as with any creditor.

Limit was doubled (acutally, a little more than double) on mine by 3rd statement at my request.  Maybe $2,600 spend on a $4,500 SL over that entire time period.  TU FICO 8's from back then were around 790.

Message 29 of 51
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah, so in your case if you didn't get the Auto CLI I would think the manual one you received would be equal to that of the Auto + Manual anyway as it looks like you received both on the same day?

I hit the CLI button when I saw the Auto post.  That was an indicator that my account was ready for some growth prior to the 90 day period being up.  That's all.

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.