cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What % of your limit can you take out as cash?

tag
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Re: What % of your limit can you take out as cash?

This is a pretty cool discussion, because I've never paid any attention to it. Looking over my statements, this is what mine are currently: Summit - $0 Disco - $1500 of $6500 - 23% AMEX - $2100 of $10,500 - 20% BBVA - $3800 of $15,300 - 25% PPMC - $1100 of $6500 -17% PNC - $500 of $5000 - 10% BB&T - $1300 of $6500 - 20% I wonder if over time the cash limit goes up even if the CL don't. I've never used the cash advance on any of them, so I've never paid any attention to it.
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 31 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My cards are mainly 20% limit of the total credit line except my QS1 which is 15%.

I’ve “occasionally” used that feature to take out $20 when getting my nails done for tip. I’d do $10 but minimum is $20 for ATM

Cash over limit is $120/day, everyday. That's about $3,600 in one month and if you PIF the next cycle, that's at least 25 days fee and interest free cash. Larger than some CA limits on cards mentioned here.

Of course, if anyone tried that, disco would put a 1 million lumen spotlight on the account, and would be looking for fraud. They say no limit, but if you cross their secret internal limit, AA comes your way!

Message 32 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I’m by no means even close to AA with Disco.

$80 in cash advance over 3-4 month period and my payments to them are twice monthly $400-750 each payment

But interesting tidbit you provided nonetheless
Message 33 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I’m by no means even close to AA with Disco.

$80 in cash advance over 3-4 month period and my payments to them are twice monthly $400-750 each payment

But interesting tidbit you provided nonetheless

Yeah, even $40/week is probably fine for anyone. 

Message 34 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

slightly off topic but Disco lets you do a "Cash Over" which counts against your regular credit limit. Basically, you go to somewhere thats eligible like Walmart to buy something and you can get cashback up to 120$ a day. I use this alot. It is way better than taking out a Cash advance.

Message 35 of 57
Deuter
Regular Contributor

For the DP:

AA card: $3,000

Prestige: $3,000

Amex Hilton: $4,000

Limits are like my signature. These are low amounts right? Not that i will ever use a CA. 

Message 36 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Citylights18 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I personally dont like the CA feature. Nothing against anyone using it. The bsnks love to flaunt this feature upon applications. But if you use you are poor or desperate. So long as you pay it back and pay their fees , it shouldnt be a problem imo. Im glad Navy doesnt frown upon it. Just wish there wasnt such a stigma for using it.

I used it when I flushed my savings down the tubes in Q1 of 2016. My only option was to cash advance as I was waiting 30-60 days to get paid.

Once I started to paying it down my CC applied the payments to the highest APR which was the cash advance.

We can thank the CARD Act for that change. It used to be applied to the lowest APR first with a number of banks. Found this out the hard way with BoA back in the day. Didn't really know any better and was taking cash advances then months later noticed basically half my balance was all cash advance APRs. They made a mint on me before I filed BK. 

Message 37 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it a business card or personal? And which card is it rewards, platinum, ext.?
Also what are your credit scores and What bureau do they use for this card?
Message 38 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

You guys got me curious...

PayPal Cashback - $1600 (20%)

Discover It - $2500 (19.7%)

Discover It Miles - $600 (20%)

NFCU Platinum - $3810 (30%)

NFCU cashRewards - $1600 (30%)

Capital One QS - $2050 (24.8%)

Capital One SavorOne - $3000 (30%)

SSFCU Power Cash Back - $5000 (100%)

DCU Platinum - $1000 (100%)

BBVA ClearPoints - $200 (10%)

AMEX BCP - $400 (18.2%)

AMEX Cash Magnet - $200 (6.7%)

Citi Rewards+ - $600 (31.6%)

Marvel MasterCard - $400 (20%)

Williams-Sonoma - $200 (20%)
Apple Card - $0 (Card cannot be used for CA)

Total: $22,960 (22.3%)

AMEX was real stingy on that Cash Magnet but I'm not really too surprised with the rest of them. 

BBVA doesn't disclose CA limits on their statements. I had to actually go to the transfer screen and put my CVV in to see the limit. 

Message 39 of 57
Deuter
Regular Contributor

Well this is quite interesting. Amex is giving me 40% and the DP i see are a bit lower. 

And as for DP goes, i didn't know CUs gave 100%. Why is the reason?

What i noticed in some of my cards also, is as the CL keeps growing the Cash Advance limit has not grown?

Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.