cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What order to apply for biz and personal cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What order to apply for biz and personal cards?

I've been researching business cards and I like the chase ink unlimited and maybe the amex simy cash. (I know theres a biz forum)

The tricky part: I want to app for the CSP this fall.

The CIU + the CSP would crush with my CFU. Between the two I'd get 100k Bonus points.

But I'm wary of apping two chase cards so close together. On the other hand, I feel comfortable doing a CSP + simply cash, but wouldn't get that awesome bonus or ur points.

If I app CSP in October, how long should I wait to app CIU?

I have a younger profile, AAoA 1.1y

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What order to apply for biz and personal cards?

The business cards will pull your personal credit. So the credit decision will be based off your personal credit score. (They will not report to your personal score after though) One thing to note is that the Chase Sapphire and the Chase Ink Cards both fall under Chase's 5/24 rule which  you can read about here.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/ultimate-guide-chase-5-24-rule/

Chase Sapphire and Ink are both Solid Cards with great benefits and the Amex Platinum business is invaluable as well especially for business travel.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response

I actually do not have many business expenses. But enough where it would be great to have a separate card to keep track of everything.

I'm currently 3/24 but will be 2/24 in January.

Maybe I should do CSP first and then CIU in the winter?
Message 3 of 4
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for your response

I actually do not have many business expenses. But enough where it would be great to have a separate card to keep track of everything.

I'm currently 3/24 but will be 2/24 in January.

Maybe I should do CSP first and then CIU in the winter?

Based on your 5/24 count, you seem to be fine either way. I'm not sure how your credit profile looks overall, or whether you'll be approved or not, but I'd apply for the card I want the most. If neither is more important to get first, I'd go for the business card because I think they're currently offering elevated bonuses that may not be the same later on. The CSP has had the same SUB for a long time and I doubt that's going to change.

Also, by getting the Ink card first, you won't change your 5/24 count because it's a business card, so you'd still be at 3/24 or 2/24 in January. That'd give you extra room in case you'd like apply for any other cards. If you don't plan to get more cards, then it doesn't matter.

For reference, my wife applied for the Ink card and the FU the very next day. Both approved with $12k and $22k SLs. So if you have a decent profile, you could go for both. 

Best of luck in your apps.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.