cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's Capital One's Deal?

tag
DiscoBiscuit

What's Capital One's Deal?

My cap one with 300 limit I get no love.

My girlfriends cap one goes from 300 to 1800? She tells me today, "oh by the way, my Capital one is showing I have an 1800 limit." All non-chalant-like. She doesn't even care as much as I would have.

UGH. I'm happy for her honestly i am.... Smiley Mad

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DiscoBiscuit

Re: What's Capital One's Deal?

Ok I think it's time for me to log out. I'm worrying way to much about credit and credit limits these days. Two weeks ago I didn't even care what my limits were. Ha ha.

Message 2 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

These things happen. Some people get approved for 300 and never increase, some get approved for 300 and go to 3k.

If your card is in good standing and you've had it for a bit you can contact the EO for a cli.
Message 3 of 9
ihatemyscore
Frequent Contributor

I have been putting 300-400 a week through my $500 dollar limit cash rewards card hoping they will auto CLI my card to higher what they initially stated. Capital one said my card is enrolled in credit steps, but I only qualify for a $200 dollar increase Smiley Sad

BK: 7 filed 3/31/12 - Discharged 6/27/12
Made some poor choices and life snowballed
BK: 13 filed 7/29/16 - on a 36th month time out
No CC - No Loans - Student Loans all current.
Message 4 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

There really is no rhyme or reason to how they determine what they do.

They denied me for a secured card when i had no history, but then later (still with no history) approved me for a 3k plat mc, then PCd me to a cash rewards card with no af, and then i got my credit steps increase to 3500.

The company really makes no sense to me.
Message 5 of 9
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I just noticed on my credit report that they say my account was in dispute and now resolved.  I think they don't make any sense at all.  I think they consider the fact that I sent a BBB complaint about them that it meant I was disputing.  However, that is neither the spirit or meaning of dispute for credit bureau reporting.  My BBB complaint had nothing to do about the balance or transactions, but the fact after 2 years I had never been given a CLI.  Maybe they are hoping I will notice this and close the account or it makes them look better that they resolved it.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 6 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Cap1 is like a box of chocolates.....

You never know what your gonna get!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

Capital One is trying to transition from the subprime to prime credit card users. 

They have excelled and built a financial empire on offering credit to high risk borrowers. This is the business they know best (just as charge cards is the one Amex knows best), and many of their systems and characteristics are still based on the high risk card user.  While they're trying to offer prime cards (the Venture series), many of the systems and fail safes for their subprime business is still imprinted on their higher tiered cards.

I'd imagine they can fix this over time, but with a company this large, it's going to take some time before they have the processed refined.

Message 8 of 9
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Capitalone is only good to start the rebuiding procces.Thats it. Anything else will be a lotary whos winner is uknown,eitherway you gain something.Credit history.

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.