Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's With Orchard Bank!!!!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's With Orchard Bank!!!!!!!

I was "preapproved" for a Orchard Bank Mastercard only to get declined when I went through with the hard pull!

The reason was: "We recently approved you for an HSBC account"

I was NOT aware that one could only have ONE card through HSBC....WHY DIDN'T THEY LET  THIS BE KNOWN IN THE PREAPPROVAL????

SO I called them to try and recon or get them to take the hard pull back with no luck!!!!

Have anyone else had this problem???

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's With Orchard Bank!!!!!!!

is your other card a secured card or $79AF one? I beleive i read you must have card for 18 months if they put you in a certain tier
Message 2 of 11
heirophant
Established Contributor

BOA will do this too. 
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 3 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Happened to me too, OP. I started with a partially secured Orchard (500/600) last year. Within a couple months, my score had jumped and decided to app for an HSBC after DW had received one, only to get rejected for the same.
Message 4 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@heirophant wrote:
BOA will do this too. 

Actually I found 1 solitary post in here of someone who had a fully secured card. After a few (5-6) months, the poster appd for an unsecured CC and was approved. I was shocked when I read it.

I was approved for two 99/500 offers in the same week for two different BofA CCs. I accepted one, waited for my $99 to clear and went to accept the other only to hear back that I already had sufficient credit with them.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got my HSBC card about 2 months ago. It does have a $59 AF so I'm assuming that you would have to have it for 18 months before you are elgible for another card through Orchard or HSBC. 

I'm not sure though, the rep told me to apply again in 16 months which will make the total time 18 months!....Yea right!...Hopefully by that time I will be on Prime status and will not have to deal with any subprime cards again!!!!

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You must be INVITED to get a 2nd card with HSBC (Orchard, HSBC, Household bank) there are hundreds of posts about this in the fora.

This used to NOT be the case-

Message 7 of 11
niecy357
Valued Member

Yes that was me. I got the 99/500 in Oct 07 and in May 08 I applied for Worldpoints MC and got approved for 5,000.00 then auto increase on line 8,600.00 then called in and got increased to 10,000.00 where I stand now and will stay Smiley Happy My 99/500 was increased at 9 mos to 1,000.00 then I called in and got increase to 5,000.00 where it will stay Smiley HappySmiley Wink
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, that sucks! Boo to Orchard. Smiley Mad

Maybe try to the GW them about the pull.

Message 9 of 11
first48
Frequent Contributor

The same thing happened to me.  I was approved for the Orchard Card and the next day I was also approved for a HSBC card.  When I went back to check the status of the Orchard card I was declined  because I got approved for the HSBC card.  It was a 300.00 limit with a 59.00 AF.  I decided to cancel it when I got approved with my credit union for 2000.00 and best buy 2000.00.
2/01/09 TU 678 EQ 690 EX 655
06/12/2014 EQ 634/ TU 623/ EX 618
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.