cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's going on with Orchard Bank CCs?

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: What's going on with Orchard Bank CCs?

I have secured with both Cap1 and HSBC.   Both are fine.   

I think Cap1 has better features and I suggest you try them first.

HSBC is trying to sell there CC business, so there is a risk that new buyer could cancel or change terms after the sale. 

PSB has secured card you can get without credit check if that is important to you.    Good card except I don't like the lack of grace period.  

Message 21 of 26
p-
Valued Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

I have secured with both Cap1 and HSBC.   Both are fine.   

I think Cap1 has better features and I suggest you try them first.

HSBC is trying to sell there CC business, so there is a risk that new buyer could cancel or change terms after the sale. 

PSB has secured card you can get without credit check if that is important to you.    Good card except I don't like the lack of grace period.  

Wow, no grace period is bad...   I went with Wells Fargo for my secured card, no complaints so far, and they do have a grace period.

Message 22 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can see how the $1.00 increase in my CLI could be looked at as an insult, and maybe I should have looked at it that way. But Chester I tell you man, when you've been where I was just a few short years ago when no one would give me any credit,  I just took it as a business decision they made. These people gave me a chance when no one else would, and I turned that into other opportunities. But it all started with OB. So I guess I've got a soft spot for them. They helped me out  when I needed it. 

Message 23 of 26
ShootingStar
Regular Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

I'm sorry, but this actually made me LOL.  Now I have heard it all.  Are you sure this is not some April Fool's joke or something?

Smiley Very Happy  Orchard has a sense of humor... I guess.  It would be funnier if it were not so pathetic.  It's insulting, actually.  How did you respond to this offer of a $1.00 CLI?

Hmmmm....sounds like they got "Peggy" when calling the backdoor number!  Smiley Very Happy

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" Smiley Wink
Message 24 of 26
clocktick
Valued Contributor

$1?!  LOL.  Honestly though, I would've kept the card open too just with the AF removal.  Great job!

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 25 of 26
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

I didn't mean to imply that you should have taken offense - I was just trying to commiserate that they weren't helping you out much there.  It might have been better to offer no CLI than such a small one.  My husband just went through this with two different HSBC cards (HSBC issues the Orchard and some other cards) and they didn't even take his request for a CLI seriously; APR decrease - forget about it (in the past I've talked them down two percentage points) but they did waive the annual fee, but only after a lot of convincing.