cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's harder to apply? AMEX PRG or AMEX Delta Gold?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: What's harder to apply? AMEX PRG or AMEX Delta Gold?

@Objectivist wrote:

It's strictly for the bonuses right now. I'll have a much higher income after graduation.

Also I'm fairly certain AF is waived the first year for all charges (with exception of the plat) so you can always downgrade to green or something later. 

Message 11 of 14
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Maybe put your expected income on the app, that way if they FR you later... You'll prob have proof at that point... They will consider all expenses...rent, cars, other debt... That alone could disqualify you if you just have $20k in income, which is def good for a college kid. Fact is though... Amex likes big spenders. To be honest, you might be better off with the Amex BCE. Im still in school with a good paying job and got approved for it. I have a 696 TU Fico, almost 690 on EQ and 700 on EXP. They pulled every report for me :-(.
Best of luck :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 12 of 14
Objectivist
Valued Member

Took everyone's advice. Got PRG first, then Delta after. Approved for both!

Message 13 of 14
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Objectivist wrote:

Took everyone's advice. Got PRG first, then Delta after. Approved for both!

Congrats, treat them well. 

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.