cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in the FIRST slot if your wallet right now?

Valued Member

Re: What's in the FIRST slot if your wallet right now?

AMEX PRG, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Driver License, Capital One Quicksilver, Wells Fargo....in that order
In the garden until June 2014
Message 71 of 98
Regular Contributor

Re: What's in the FIRST slot if your wallet right now?

Amex Platinum, United Mileage Plus, United Mileage Plus (yes I have two), Discover it, NFCU Flagship Rewards, Amex HHonors, Amex Delta Platinum, Cap One, Citi Simplicity, Citi Thank you, Regions



Message 72 of 98
New Member

Re: What's in the FIRST slot if your wallet right now?

American Express BCP (a lot of groceries); Chase Freedom (whatever is 5%),
Credit cards:
Capital One Quicksilver (10k); Home Depot (7,600); USAA World Mastercard (20k); AMEX BCP (22k); Chase Freedom (11k)
Message 73 of 98
Senior Contributor

Re: What's in the FIRST slot if your wallet right now?


Tryon2improve wrote:

Amex Platinum, United Mileage Plus, United Mileage Plus (yes I have two), Discover it, NFCU Flagship Rewards, Amex HHonors, Amex Delta Platinum, Cap One, Citi Simplicity, Citi Thank you, Regions


Wow, i didn't know you can have two cards that are the same.  Learned something new!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 74 of 98
Established Member

Re: What's in the FIRST slot if your wallet right now?

BOA Cash Rewards.
Message 75 of 98
Established Contributor

Re: What's in the FIRST slot if your wallet right now?

I have 3 front pockets...LOL!  But the two cards I use most are my Amex BCP and CSP.  And speaking of CSP, not sure if folks use their Travel reservation website but it is pretty good.  I booked a rental car recently for a considerably lower price than anywhere else I checked... almost 40% less!  I would recommend the Chase site to check if your comparing prices.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 76 of 98
Senior Contributor

Re: What's in the FIRST slot if your wallet right now?


jefftca925 wrote:

I have 3 front pockets...LOL!  But the two cards I use most are my Amex BCP and CSP.  And speaking of CSP, not sure if folks use their Travel reservation website but it is pretty good.  I booked a rental car recently for a considerably lower price than anywhere else I checked... almost 40% less!  I would recommend the Chase site to check if your comparing prices.


I haven't tried the rental car, but today i was on Chase UR Travel site for flight to Vegas and it was ridiculously expensive!  Ended up booking w/ Southwest, only cost me $126 vs. $690 starting price from Chase UR Travel section.

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 77 of 98
Established Contributor

Re: What's in the FIRST slot if your wallet right now?


yudeology101 wrote:

jefftca925 wrote:

I have 3 front pockets...LOL!  But the two cards I use most are my Amex BCP and CSP.  And speaking of CSP, not sure if folks use their Travel reservation website but it is pretty good.  I booked a rental car recently for a considerably lower price than anywhere else I checked... almost 40% less!  I would recommend the Chase site to check if your comparing prices.


I haven't tried the rental car, but today i was on Chase UR Travel site for flight to Vegas and it was ridiculously expensive!  Ended up booking w/ Southwest, only cost me $126 vs. $690 starting price from Chase UR Travel section.


That's where I went for my trip... and rented the car from the UR site.  Airfare is pretty cheap right now from the airlines directly.  I paid 118 RT from SFO to LAS a couple of months ago.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 78 of 98
Valued Contributor

Re: What's in the FIRST slot if your wallet right now?

First slot: Chase freedom
Second slot: Discover it

All others sock drawered until further notice lol
As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 79 of 98
Established Contributor

Re: What's in the FIRST slot if your wallet right now?

1. Amex BCP - need to make sure the AF is covered
2. Chase Freedom

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 80 of 98