Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's not in my wallet!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's not in my wallet!!

I'm not going to totally bash Cap One an HSBC they help me rebuild an gave me a card when allot of major banks would not look at me so I'm grateful for that. My only issue they will not grow with you once your credit improves so at some point you have to move on an never look back.

Message 11 of 18
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

A lot of people are bashing Capital One and HSBC for not giving CLI. Well, those cards are subprime afterall. Once you build enough relationship with them you could app separately for a prime card. Both HSBC and Capital One do offer prime card (for Cap 1, it is card in excellent requriement).

Right now I'm open to many cards I guess. Though Discover is getting close to a card I would not apply. 0.25% cashback on first $3000 (regualr purchase)? No thanks.

Message 12 of 18
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

First Premier Mastercard and HSBC 2% Mastercard are cards that I have but don't physically carry in my wallet. Smiley Very Happy

I have Nothing against HSBC, it's just that the card I have with them has such a low limit ($420) it doesn't really pay to do much with it even though it has the BEST APR out of all of my other credit cards and store cards.

Capital One keeps flooding my mailbox with preapproved offers every couple of days. The reasons I never accepted their offers were because I've read about a lot of people who got started out with low limits, most of the cards they offered me had annual fees and they pull from all three credit bureaus.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrShush wrote:

I fired Chase for doing business dishonorably and not honoring offers. I'll probably not carry one of their cards for quite some time.

I just took the bait on the $150 back offer for the Freedom card.   Now I hear this and I'm second guessing it.

As for cards I'd never carry: Citi, Discover, Cap One, First Premier, HSBC

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Once you build enough relationship with them you could app separately for a prime card. Both HSBC and Capital One do offer prime card (for Cap 1, it is card in excellent requriement).

Tried that last year with Cap One applied for Venture DENIED me can't remember for what reason. But i be damn if I  take 3 hard hits from them again lol

Message 15 of 18
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

I like to have 2 of these cards in my wallet 1.5yrs down the road...hopefully than, my fico score will be 750+.

1. Capital 1 Venture (for oversea travel)

2. American Express Platinum (will be my 1st AX)

Until than, no more hard inquries. Garden, Garden, Garden......

What's in my wallet?

Chase Freedom $8K

Chase Freedom Exclusives $8K

Shell Gas Card $750

BB Store Card $750 (just got approved for)

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tntexans72 wrote:

no more hard inquries. Garden, Garden, Garden

I so agree I have one more card that I have my eye on but from what I hear it's a hard one to crack but I can wait 2 years for that until I'm inquiry free.

Message 17 of 18
vish1
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:

@MrShush wrote:

I fired Chase for doing business dishonorably and not honoring offers. I'll probably not carry one of their cards for quite some time.

They better give me my $100 bonus when I spend $500 within 3 months.  If not, there will be an uproar!!  A Chase CC is not worth a new inquiry, but $100 sure is. 

They gave me my 100 happily in statement which closed after I finished my 800$ spending.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.