cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's on your current wishlist, and why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's on your current wishlist, and why?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would love the Citi Prestige.  I have no history with Citi (so no negative history with them), but they have denied me for any card I've ever tried to get with them.  Their pre approval site says I'm not approved for any of their cards.  All of the cards in my signature were procured since this April except my CSP and Barclaycard Apple Rewards.  The first card I applied for was the Citi Prestige and I was denied, and then I was denied for the Citi Double Cash.  I was approved for every single other card I applied for since then.  For the next 7-9 months I'll be traveling every other week for work for 4-5 days at a time.  The Citi Prestige would have saved me thousands of dollars with that fourth night free promotion.

ummm u have a palladium.... wow. citi hates you........

I have no banking history with Citi though, and I my history/balances with Chase is the primary reason I was approved for the Palladium.  Citi isn't going to get my business if they're not going to approve me for any of their cards though.  I'm going to wait until all of my way too many inquiries fall off in a couple of years, and if I'm denied again, they'll never ever see any business from me.

Message 61 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm really quite satisfied with the cards I have. I think the Chase IHG is on my radar, as are any hotel cards with a free night. But I don't travel much, so the free night would be a bit of a luxury.

Message 62 of 125
leoment
Frequent Contributor

I'm thinking of possibly picking up a Sallie Mae to use as a gas card, but I'm not 100% about it. I already have a BCP and think having both would be redundant for my spend levels.
800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 63 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting one is the first step to getting 2 Sallie Mae MCs. Two beats out the BCP at any level of spending,  unless you spend an absurd amount on gas or department stores Smiley Happy

Message 64 of 125
toi34
Established Contributor

The Delta Amex. I'm planning a trip to Africa for a safari and want to put the flight on this card and save my cash for souvenirs. I hope I get it. I'm going to pay down my debt to 15%, garden, and apply in March 2016.

Wish me luck!

Message 65 of 125
vwgrrc
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Getting one is the first step to getting 2 Sallie Mae MCs. Two beats out the BCP at any level of spending,  unless you spend an absurd amount on gas or department stores Smiley Happy

Planning my #2 SM now since #1 normally go over $250 on grocery.

Anybody how long do you have to wait between 2 SM application?

Message 66 of 125
leoment
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Haha my spend would probably be covered using one SM card. I definitely don't hit $250/month in gas, probably closer to $200/month, and I usually am near $250 for groceries as well.  I really like my BCP for 1. backdating 2. amex offers 3. my highest TL (20k).

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 67 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me:

1) Only one for now that I want is the AKC visa since I see that you earn 3x points at vet and pet stores. I spend a fortune on these things! However I'm holding off since I currently have 6 inquiries on Equifax and I've read somewhere on the forum that Comenity is inquiry sensitive. 3 of those age to a year in December so I might go for it then. I really want this card! Smiley Happy

Message 68 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

vwgrrc you need to wait until you've had your current one at least 6 months for the best results. the only way to get it is if you're approved on the spot. a recon will not work
Message 69 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@vwgrrc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Planning my #2 SM now since #1 normally go over $250 on grocery.

Anybody how long do you have to wait between 2 SM application?

I got my cards roughly 5 months apart, but my second card was only approved for $2k, so it was a bit close.

Message 70 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.