cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's on your current wishlist, and why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's on your current wishlist, and why?

@vwgrrc wrote:

See if we could pick something we didn't knowSmiley Wink

Put down: card name, reason to apply, when to apply.

For me:

1. US Bank Cash+, 5% on fast-food and my AT&T bill, 9/2015

2. Chase AARP Resturant, 3% on dinning, 10/2015

3. Chase AARP Travel, 3% on travel, after my ThankYou Premier's no AF preiod 07/2016

1. Lowe's, for the 84 month 5.99% until paid in full (installing a new vinyl fence), September 2015

2. AMEX PRG, for the 3X and 2X points for travel, January 2016 (on my birthday) 

Message 71 of 125
black_citi
Established Contributor

Chase freedom because of the category 5% plus I want to get back in with chase. I won't try and app until 2017.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 72 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Golden1
2. Close Amazon visa, move limit, beg for freedom to upgrade to signature.
3. Amazon store from synchrony
4. Use amex MR points next year, close PRG, pc ED into a cashback.
5. Close all other store/visa/Mc weak limits
6. Keep sams Lowes walmart overstock as they have long term financing.
Message 73 of 125
TitaniumCash
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would love the Citi Prestige.  I have no history with Citi (so no negative history with them), but they have denied me for any card I've ever tried to get with them.  Their pre approval site says I'm not approved for any of their cards.  All of the cards in my signature were procured since this April except my CSP and Barclaycard Apple Rewards.  The first card I applied for was the Citi Prestige and I was denied, and then I was denied for the Citi Double Cash.  I was approved for every single other card I applied for since then.  For the next 7-9 months I'll be traveling every other week for work for 4-5 days at a time.  The Citi Prestige would have saved me thousands of dollars with that fourth night free promotion.

ummm u have a palladium.... wow. citi hates you........

I have no banking history with Citi though, and I my history/balances with Chase is the primary reason I was approved for the Palladium.  Citi isn't going to get my business if they're not going to approve me for any of their cards though.  I'm going to wait until all of my way too many inquiries fall off in a couple of years, and if I'm denied again, they'll never ever see any business from me.

Citi is weird. They gave me a Visa Gold when applied for a Visa Signature and told me to try again next time when I asked about it. Did  they ever tell you why they denied you? I got 12 inquiries on my report and still managed to get approved for their second  card even though I was hesitant about applying. I now want their Double Cash Back but only if I get the WEMC version Smiley Very Happy Will wait until next year when my Discover double cash back promotion stops. And of course, the Amex Platinum. Wish they have the Amex Zinc card available so I can add to my collection of white and black credit cards, lol.

Message 74 of 125
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

I'm gardening until next year so things might change with what I end up getting. But at this point next year I'd like to possibly try for:

1) Citi doublecash so I have a straight 2% card

2) A second Sallie Mae (I might have some grocery spend go over) Really need to determine if this is needed

Message 75 of 125
GoldSorata
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@vwgrrc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Getting one is the first step to getting 2 Sallie Mae MCs. Two beats out the BCP at any level of spending,  unless you spend an absurd amount on gas or department stores Smiley Happy

Planning my #2 SM now since #1 normally go over $250 on grocery.

Anybody how long do you have to wait between 2 SM application?

I got my cards roughly 5 months apart, but my second card was only approved for $2k, so it was a bit close.

If I get a second Sallie Mae I think that's the perfect limit for it since it would only be a spillover card to capture additional 5% bonus. In fact, the one I was just approved for at $7500 is really overkill for what I'll use it for. But I like it helps with utilization.

Message 76 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah.... i dunno why the double cash is so popular here. I am glad that I have it, only bc of it being a low apr card to get in with Citi for later..... but ya......the cash back takes forrrevvvvverrrrr compared to capital one. Just fyi. But its a real good looking card. elite or not!

Message 77 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

For the most part, I'm satisfied with the cards I own. If any, maybe a card with a sign-up cash back bonus.
Message 78 of 125
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

My dream card is the Amex Blue Cash Everyday/Preferred, I might actually apply this week, I have only had my Amex Green for three months, maybe I should wait?Smiley Wink SInce it's SP if denied, I am more willing to just try and see if I get it.

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 79 of 125
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I would love the Citi Prestige.  I have no history with Citi (so no negative history with them), but they have denied me for any card I've ever tried to get with them.  Their pre approval site says I'm not approved for any of their cards.  All of the cards in my signature were procured since this April except my CSP and Barclaycard Apple Rewards.  The first card I applied for was the Citi Prestige and I was denied, and then I was denied for the Citi Double Cash.  I was approved for every single other card I applied for since then.  For the next 7-9 months I'll be traveling every other week for work for 4-5 days at a time.  The Citi Prestige would have saved me thousands of dollars with that fourth night free promotion.

ummm u have a palladium.... wow. citi hates you........

I have no banking history with Citi though, and I my history/balances with Chase is the primary reason I was approved for the Palladium.  Citi isn't going to get my business if they're not going to approve me for any of their cards though.  I'm going to wait until all of my way too many inquiries fall off in a couple of years, and if I'm denied again, they'll never ever see any business from me.

I don't have any banking history with Citi either. I have a Simplicity and Double Cash with them. So not having a banking relationship with them may not be the problem.

Message 80 of 125
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.