Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's "seriously delinquent" to Chase

tag
bahbahd
Established Contributor

What's "seriously delinquent" to Chase

The Chase Freedom application starts with "Is your credit history clear from bankruptcies and/or seriously delinquent accounts?"

I'm just wondering what they consider seriously delinquent.

• Recent CO?
  • Old CO, about to fall off?
  • Recent +30 day lates?
  • Over two year old +90 days lates?
  • Collection account new or old? (Obviously any recent, unpaid CA is delinquent.)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kobe2012
Established Contributor

Re: What's "seriously delinquent" to Chase

@bahbahd wrote:

The Chase Freedom application starts with "Is your credit history clear from bankruptcies and/or seriously delinquent accounts?"

• Recent CO?
  • Recent +30 day lates?
  • Collection account new or old? (Obviously any recent, unpaid CA is delinquent.)

I think they don't like collections period... I have one collection from 6+ years old and 2 charged offs (5-6 yrs old) when I applied for Amazon visa and they dinged me for the collection.. but i got approved on recon through Executive office(emailed).. (they denied me for recon through their recon line).. then I asked them if I could get the freedom instead and i had to apply and close the amazon...

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 2 of 11
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@kobe2012 wrote:

@bahbahd wrote:

• Recent CO?
  • Recent +30 day lates?

I think they don't like collections period... I have one collection from 6+ years old and 2 charged offs (5-6 yrs old) when I applied for Amazon visa and they dinged me for the collection.. but i got approved on recon through Executive office(emailed).. (they denied me for recon through their recon line).. then I asked them if I could get the freedom instead and i had to apply and close the amazon...

I can vouch for that...I applied back in August and I had a paid collection from 2010 (a utulity collection) and a paid charge off from 2007 but was recently paid in 2010 also and they denied my application and denied me on recon also (didnt help that the credit anyalist was being rude also)...so they dont like collections (paid or unpaid).

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 11
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

@bahbahd wrote:

• Recent CO?
  • Recent +30 day lates?

I can vouch for that...I applied back in August and I had a paid collection from 2010 (a utulity collection) and a paid charge off from 2007 but was recently paid in 2010 also and they denied my application and denied me on recon also (didnt help that the credit anyalist was being rude also)...so they dont like collections (paid or unpaid).

I actually got approved for a Freedom last week with 2 medical collections on 2 CR, but not on one.  The woman who helped me pulled the CR that didn't show the collections.  Not sure if I would have gotten approved otherwise.

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 4 of 11
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

@bahbahd wrote:

• Recent CO?
  • Recent +30 day lates?

I actually got approved for a Freedom last week with 2 medical collections on 2 CR, but not on one.  The woman who helped me pulled the CR that didn't show the collections.  Not sure if I would have gotten approved otherwise.

Congrats, im glad u had better luck than i did...as i said, the lady must have had a bad day cuz right from the start of our conversation i could sense she wasnt going to be much help, and the nicer i was with her, the less the chances were of getting approved, i even told her that since those paid collections/chargeoff,  my report has been clean and i had about a 12% utilization on my credit cards, i told her that i had heard great things about chase and even encourage me to open a savings/checking account with them and she still didnt budge...lol...oh well, i was able to get a discover the same day with less chances cuz they pulled TU which was has always been my lowest score.

Message 5 of 11
kobe2012
Established Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@heathuhhhhwebbbb wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@kobe2012 wrote:

@bahbahd wrote:

• Recent CO?
  • Recent +30 day lates?

Congrats, im glad u had better luck than i did...as i said, the lady must have had a bad day cuz right from the start of our conversation i could sense she wasnt going to be much help, and the nicer i was with her, the less the chances were of getting approved, i even told her that since those paid collections/chargeoff,  my report has been clean and i had about a 12% utilization on my credit cards, i told her that i had heard great things about chase and even encourage me to open a savings/checking account with them and she still didnt budge...lol...oh well, i was able to get a discover the same day with less chances cuz they pulled TU which was has always been my lowest score.

for some reason, i keep gettin denied for discover (only two charged offs on EQ and no collection 5-6 yrs old).... Smiley Frustrated

Starting Score: MYFICO 12/30/15 -TU: 481, EQ:561, EX:532 - BK7 DISCHARGED 12/2015 - Current: 09/01/2016 TU:642 EQ: 651 EX: 646
NFCU cashRewards:$6200 QS:$1500 Merrick:$1200 Cabelas:$1000 SonyVisa: $500 JCrew:$850 Overstock:$850 Express: $1050 PaypalCredit:$2150 NAVCHECK:$10K
Message 6 of 11
bahbahd
Established Contributor

What CR did chase pull for you guys?

Message 7 of 11
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

they pulled EX here in NV for me.

Message 8 of 11
heathuhhhhwebbbb
New Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

When I applied I had freezes on all my CR.  I called, and had unfroze EQ.  Got denied.  Then reconned 3 more times and had them pull TU since I had the collections removed from only that CR. 

09/2013: TU FICO 692, EQ FICO 698, EX PLUS 709. No apps until December 2014!
Freedom: $1500 Cap1 Plat: $2000 Cap1 Cash: $1500 Barclays: $4000 Walmart: $2700 GE Luxury: $4800 Jared: $1500 Davids Bridal: $1500
Message 9 of 11
bahbahd
Established Contributor

When I applied I had freezes on all my CR.  I called, and had unfroze EQ.  Got denied.  Then reconned 3 more times and had them pull TU since I had the collections removed from only that CR. 

Did you pay for the freeze on EX and EQ? I pay for their credit monitoring services and they want $10 to freeze my account. I can freeze TU with a click.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.