Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's so Bad about COMENITY?

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: What's so Bad about COMENITY?

What's so bad about these threads ....

Whenever you're talking about a lender in general terms on a forum where majority does not behave like 99% of population, you're always bound to get a subjective mixed bag, and seldom anything objective. It's all personal experiences from an aspect of population that is not representative of general public, nor is their treatment of us representative of how they treat rest of their customers. 

It's no different than trying to describe a smell or color. 

Want to test that theory, use the term "App spree" in casual conversation and wait for the other person to take your temperature 

There is nothing bad about Comenity.  They dont charge you $15 per month for a "privilege" of having one of their cards. You have grace period. There are rewards. BTs. 

If they were shutting accounts  left and right, they would not be in business. No lender wants to lose a good customer. 

The question is, do you look like a good customer?

I know I dont, hence no Comenity cards. I cant even get past Platinum with Cap One. I'm not what they are looking for at the moment. 

Unreasonable expectations usually produce undesirable results. 

Message 31 of 37
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Remedios 

Oh Remedios....you have a good way of making me focus.  I suppose if the thread was,  "What's so good about Comenity?" I'd be chiming in there too, lol!

OP, enjoy your card!  I have one, sd now but it's a nice limit and that I am thankful for.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 32 of 37
PutThatMoneyOnTheTable
Established Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

I think I am a good customer.

@Remedios wrote:

What's so bad about these threads ....

Whenever you're talking about a lender in general terms on a forum where majority does not behave like 99% of population, you're always bound to get a subjective mixed bag, and seldom anything objective. It's all personal experiences from an aspect of population that is not representative of general public, nor is their treatment of us representative of how they treat rest of their customers. 

It's no different than trying to describe a smell or color. 

Want to test that theory, use the term "App spree" in casual conversation and wait for the other person to take your temperature 

There is nothing bad about Comenity.  They dont charge you $15 per month for a "privilege" of having one of their cards. You have grace period. There are rewards. BTs. 

If they were shutting accounts  left and right, they would not be in business. No lender wants to lose a good customer. 

I know I dont, hence no Comenity cards. I cant even get past Platinum with Cap One. I'm not what they are looking for at the moment. 

Unreasonable expectations usually produce undesirable results. 

I have no intention of setting unreasonable expectation on this card/company based on the views/experiences of others. I read reviews before getting the card (they were bad reviews) but I got the card anyways therefore although I value other peoples opinion I love to learn from my own experiences. In essence I get your point though.

Thank you.

Amex BCP $35k
Chase FU $19.6k
BOA Cash Rewards $36k
BJs Perks Plus M/C $22k
Cap1 QS $4,950 (AU)
Best Buy $4k
Wells Fargo Active Cash $11.3
Message 33 of 37
gorgon
Established Contributor

I had no issue with Comenity until after I filed BK7. They changed an account I had with them several years ago (closed and paid off years prior - no lates) from "Paid and Closed" to "Included in Bankruptcy." Guess they were butthurt that I filed against another Comenity card that was still open.

Message 34 of 37
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous hasnt apped one yetSmiley Wink
Message 35 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
@Anonymoushasnt apped one yetSmiley Wink

Well if I like the new Sony or PlayStation rewards programs, I will app one after I garden for a bit. I am pretty loyal to Sony for TVs and I have all the gaming console - cashRewards is my Xbox card (2.5% back minimum from Member Deals for Microsoft Store includes Xbox games) but I don't have one for PlayStation. 

Message 36 of 37
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Zales card from them. I’ve used it three times to finance purchases, and haven’t had any issues with them. The only thing negative was a HP CLI that I wasn’t expecting (had SP language), but I knew there was a chance of it being a HP
Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.