Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's so great about Capital One?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

What's so great about Capital One?

With the upcoming transition of my Wally cards to Cap One, making them my first ever C1 cards, being off today and bored, got me wondering thisSmiley Wink. Its only fair guys and you knew it was coming😄
137 REPLIES 137
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: What's so great about Capitol One?

Hey Joe!!!!!

How about, "What is so freaking great about credit card companies"

Watch out Fin is watching.......Maybe heading to the SmorgasBoard.......

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's in people's wallets, per Jennifer Garner. 

Message 3 of 138
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
With the upcoming transition of my Wally cards to Cap One, making them my first ever C1 cards, being off today and bored, got me wondering thisSmiley Wink. Its only fair guys and you knew it was coming😄

Edited my original post (this one) .. I feel it is not "FSR"

Message 4 of 138
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's in people's wallets, per Jennifer Garner. 

Well, she married Ben

Do you trust her judgement? 

Message 5 of 138
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@redpat wrote:

Hey Joe!!!!!

Hey, you're supposed to put ******* SPOILER ALERT *******

Message 6 of 138
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol @redpat Smiley Happy Nah this is legitimate thread. Anybody wanting to know both sides csn now find it here. For Credit One's sake, the Amex thread hss been going on for like 10 yearsSmiley Wink Plus, so long as i dont drop mystery approvsls anymore, i should be okSmiley Wink😯

I really am curious on the transitions affect for me though. For some odd lame brain reason i dont understand, being in PR, we cant apply for Cap One cards but they have to let those here apply for Wally now. I guess it is retail so maybe norhing would change but would be nice to be able to invest in 3 hard pulls and complain officiallySmiley Wink
Message 7 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t have much negative to say about Capital One personally. They were the first to take a chance on me, they have been generous with me, I like how easy rewards are to redeem with their cards, customer service has always been good to me even when I had to file disputes, and they’re reliable. I always know if I use my Capital One card, my charges will go through no problem and they don’t get upset with high balances or minimum payments in my experience.

Capital One and NFCU are the two lenders I feel would be least likely to slash my limits if I actually have a situation that causes me to put them to use as the cherry on top. 

Things I am not as fond of are the 3B pull for approval and the high interest rates that are stuck there for the life of the account but Chase and USAA do the same thing with APRs and without that 3B pull, I highly doubt I would have gotten a $10K SavorOne in June. They are known to be stingy with CLIs for many but that isn’t my experience either. 

Message 8 of 138
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

If this thread gets moved to smorgasboard, it just proves Credit One is the true Credit card of the masses!
Message 9 of 138
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@redpat wrote:

Hey Joe!!!!!

woops, wish I woulda seen that .. FSR, I am guiltySmiley Sad

Message 10 of 138
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.