What's so great about Capital One?

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: What's so great about Capitol One?

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Yes it will @Anonymous Here...

One thing i find great about Cap One , and this coming from someone with no experience but observance, is there quick willingness to forgive being burned . Its amazing to see how quick a person obtains a Cap One card after including them in bk or charge off. How many lenders do that?

I mean it’s not like it’s some altruistic thing, they know in the case of BK they can sue you and they won’t hesitate to do so but it’s definitely good that they continue to give people a chance regardless. 

"but it’s definitely good that they continue to give people a chance regardless."

Great point Saeren.

In ALL Honestly, Capital One has helped a lot of people, Just Like Remmy. Bless Her US socks offSmiley Wink

I hope that was not a selfie of "FIN" , Cant be!   ..or I woulda been tossed long agoSmiley Indifferent.

He Has been a Very Patient Man  ..with me being The PITA that I am.

Sometimes "WE" (especially Me)  forget where we came from?. In "1993" I lost everything.

Only thing left that was intact was a Amex Gold Charge Card and a Citibank Card.

Lost house, Car and had Vehicle Repo on my credit.

Speaking ONLY of myself, trying hard to be "FSR"   ...Respect others as you would do to self. (Reminder to Self)

myFICO,  member's, community leaders & MOD's please forgive me of my short falls in this area.

I Apologize for anything OT.

Message 41 of 138
parzivalmx
Valued Member

For me it's been a good experience, when I moved to US they were the second to approve me for a Secure CC. After 6 months I graduated and got a decent CLI. Right now after a year its my higets CL on my cards. Plus I really enjoy working at their cafe.

US Cards

Mexico Cards
Message 42 of 138
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Cap One stuck their neck out first when I started my rebuild and has treated me like a king ever since.

They will always have some of my loyalty even in my new love is the Flagship card.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 43 of 138
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

The Savor and Savor one cards are excellent. The Venture is a decent card (if you redeem for the bonus categories). The Quicksilver is an average card that can be beat by other cash back cards, but the rewards are straight forward and post when the transactions post. Their app and website interface are very nice. Capital One was also one of the first to come out with contactless cards in the U.S. 

For many, Capital One was the only bank to give someone a chance when they were having a hard time rebuilding their credit after a bankruptcy or divorce. For many others, Capital One was the only one to not take AA and significantly reduce credit lines during economic hardship. 

If you can ignore the stupid things Capital One does (triple pull, uses Samuel Jackson as a commercial host, complete automation, and perhaps being denied a couple of times for ridculous reasons (like you aren't carrying a balance on your current cards) then they are a solid bank to do business with. 

Message 44 of 138
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Two words

"Triple Pull'

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 45 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

@VPExecutive wrote:

The Savor and Savor one cards are excellent. The Venture is a decent card (if you redeem for the bonus categories). The Quicksilver is an average card that can be beat by other cash back cards, but the rewards are straight forward and post when the transactions post. Their app and website interface are very nice. Capital One was also one of the first to come out with contactless cards in the U.S. 

For many, Capital One was the only bank to give someone a chance when they were having a hard time rebuilding their credit after a bankruptcy or divorce. For many others, Capital One was the only one to not take AA and significantly reduce credit lines during economic hardship. 

If you can ignore the stupid things Capital One does (triple pull, uses Samuel Jackson as a commercial host, complete automation, and perhaps being denied a couple of times for ridculous reasons (like you aren't carrying a balance on your current cards) then they are a solid bank to do business with. 

I love Samuel L. Jackson 😂

Message 46 of 138
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@VPExecutive wrote:

I love Samuel L. Jackson 😂

Try saying that in Crawford, Texas

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 47 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything, everyone has said plus Capital One's Cafe!!!

Message 48 of 138
Jannelo
Frequent Contributor

I kiss the ground Capital One walks on.  My credit report was horrible and still isn't great at all.  It was hard to face how low I had fallen.   It's a hopeless feeling.  Getting a $200 secured card that required no credit check was all I thought I would have for a while.  And there Cap One was to take me back in with open arms, all with two unpaid Cap One charge-offs sitting on their books.   With now two credit cards from them and a recent car loan with a very respectable interest rate for someone with the credit score I had, they gave me my dignity back, as I've said before.  I don't really care about huge credit limits at this point.  I care about building a solid history of on-time payments.  I started in the FICO "poor" category.  I'm now in the middle of the FICO "fair" category heading towards, hopefully, one day the "good" category.  And that's all because of Capital One.   I'm still treated like the ugly stepchild by all major credit card companies.  But not by Capital One.   So thanks, Capital One.  .  Some people forget where they came from in their rebuild process when they bash Cap One.  Even when I get on the other side of this one day, I will never forget.

Open Credit Cards:
Green Dot Primor Secured (5/18) - $450 CL (CLOSED 2/2020)
Capital One Platinum (8/18) PC to Quicksilver (9/19) - $3800 CL
Capital One QuicksilverOne (3/19) - $4800 CL
Merrick Bank DYL VISA - No AF (6/19) - $1400 CL
Discover it Cash Back (9/19) - $2800 CL
Amazon Prime Store Card (4/20) - $10,000 CL
NFCU cashRewards (4/20) - $4500 CL
BB&T Spectrum Cash Rewards (5/20) - $3500 CL
Navy Federal More Rewards American Express® Card (3/21) - $9700 SL - at 9.65 %.
Experian FICO Score - 8/2018: 528

Experian FICO 8 Score - 9/2022 - 720
Equifax FICO 8 score 2/2022- 692
TransUnion FICO 8 score 10/2022 - 728
Experian FICO Mortgage Score - 725
Message 49 of 138
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Meanmchine wrote:

Two words

"Triple Pull'

That's 3Smiley Wink

Message 50 of 138
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.