Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's so great about Capital One?

tag
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: What's so great about Capitol One?

I just want to add...it's driving me nuts that the thread title has an O instead of an A in capital.

Message 61 of 138
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Someone i know who burned Cap One with chargeoffs actually was able to (at the time) pay off the chargeoffs and a month later successfully app for 2! Cap One cards (PS and i think a QS is the second one) .. So you can even expedite getting back in with them... Cap one can a useful rebuilder card.. =)

-J

Message 62 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I just want to add...it's driving me nuts that the thread title has an O instead of an A in capital.

Yep. Been driving me nuts every time I see it since the thread went up. 

Message 63 of 138
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Have to agree with the mention of the Cafe.   With a Capital One card, 50% off Peets  which for some is really valuable.

They still have a reputation as a non-AA bank, but a few of us have been hit (35K Cl -> $10K, $20K card closed, both for insufficient use).

Did the $35k card have an AF?

No, just a quicksilver.

Message 64 of 138
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Brian and Saeren if i could spell id be Above Average, so like Max "Maxie Baby " Holoway would say..." It is...what it is!"Smiley Wink sincerely Averoge Jae Credet Smiley Happy
Message 65 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently (6 months ago) got a Venture card. After a lot of research, I felt this card was what made the most sense in terms of how I wanted to redeem my miles, as I only travel once a year but wanted a card that I could accumulate miles and I can just wipe away a charge with the use of points. Also the SUB was a big deciding factor for me as well

The triple pull didn’t bother me, as I knew about it before hand and I wanted the card, so I thought oh well.

I have spoke with CSRs twice (about the application), and while at the time it was annoying to hear them say they couldn’t help me, eventually the application was approved and that’s what I wanted to hear so no problems there.

The app is pretty straight forward, so also no complaints.

Will I keep this card once the AF comes up? Maybe. It might not be worth it after the free year since there are 0 AF cards with 2% back, so we’ll see

Message 66 of 138
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Brian and Saeren if i could spell id be Above Average, so like Max "Maxie Baby " Holoway would say..." It is...what it is!"Smiley Wink sincerely Averoge Jae Credet Smiley Happy

I thought it was more like "Average Joe The Cadet"Smiley Wink

Message 67 of 138
iced
Valued Contributor

Re: What's so great about Capital One?

With the upcoming transition of my Wally cards to Cap One, making them my first ever C1 cards, being off today and bored, got me wondering thisSmiley Wink. Its only fair guys and you knew it was coming😄

You may have finally made a thread I'm interested in...

I've always correlated an issuer's need to run lots of advertising with that issuer making up for an otherwise bland product. And let's be honest - aside from co-branded cards shamelessly shoved in your face at airports and hotels, the only issuers who really run a lot of advertising are Discover, Capitol One, and Credit One. And all three are basic cash-back offerings. Is this a clue as to who their target audience is?

I do see the occasional Chase/American Express ad, but it's usually only at the launch of a new card (a la Tina Fey's shamless plugs of American Express a few years back) and then they quickly fade out, leaving the three aforementioned banks to regail me unsuccessfully with their sad trombone products.

So that leaves me to also wonder...if Capitol One's cards are already great, why do they need to advertise...and advertise...and advertise...and hire celebrities to advertise...and ads at bus stops and billboards and ballparks and ... no wonder the Venture has an AF! They have to cover their massive advertising budget!

Message 68 of 138
Anonymous
Not applicable

smiley-laughing021.gif

I was in the Spelling Bee when I was in 4th grade. Made it to district. You would never know that though because now that I am on the internet, I misspell things all the time. 

No biggie, just OCD man. Smiley Happy

Message 69 of 138
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No biggie, just OCD man. Smiley Happy

See the source image

Message 70 of 138
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.