cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the best credit card that's mastercard, no foreign transaction fee, and no annual fee?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's the best credit card that's mastercard, no foreign transaction fee, and no annual fee?

I'm planning to use Quicksilver after downgrading from venture before annual fees come. What's your take on M&T visa signature card from https://www.mtb.com/banking/credit-cards/credit-card-options 

It seems like a relatively unkown visa equivalence to quicksilver.

Link doesn't work... (EDIT: it works now).

Don't know much about it, but I don't think it really offers any perks. Just a student/starter card. Also a 3% foreign transaction fee. I wouldnt want anything to do with it.

Message 31 of 33
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: What's the best credit card that's mastercard, no foreign transaction fee, and no annual fee?

@Anonymous wrote:

@happypill wrote:

The best MC that I know of and my absolute favorite card now that the Sallie Mae is on its deathbed (which was a MC as as well) is the Security Service Federal Credit Union Power Travel Rewards World Mastercard.  3.3% on dining, travel & gas, no fees of any kind (no AF, no FTF, no balance transfer fees, no cash advance fees, etc.), 10% APR and some of the best secondary benefits around (120 price protection for example, compared with 60-90 days on most other premium cards).

The only real limitation is that it is geographically restricted.  If you're in the territory, I think it's the best.

Great Job! Talking about a card that does not exist anymore and has zero relevance. 

OP, Cap One QS is the best bet. Visa VS MC does not really matter at all for travel nowadays. If anyone says otherwise they probably are relating experiences from several years go.

Great job demonstrating your lack of reading comprehension by jumping to a conclusion without reading, then compounding your powerful show of ignorance by declaring the incorrect advice in an authoratitive and rude way.

To make it easy for you, the card I referred to is the Security Service Federal Credit Union Power Travel Rewards World Mastercard and it is in fact quite available and relevant.  Try reading the first sentence of my post, all the way to the first period.  That's how a sentence is constructed.  Feel free to respond back with an apology.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt", attributed to both Abraham Lincoln and Mark Twain.

Message 32 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@happypill wrote:

The best MC that I know of and my absolute favorite card now that the Sallie Mae is on its deathbed (which was a MC as as well) is the Security Service Federal Credit Union Power Travel Rewards World Mastercard.  3.3% on dining, travel & gas, no fees of any kind (no AF, no FTF, no balance transfer fees, no cash advance fees, etc.), 10% APR and some of the best secondary benefits around (120 price protection for example, compared with 60-90 days on most other premium cards).

The only real limitation is that it is geographically restricted.  If you're in the territory, I think it's the best.

Great Job! Talking about a card that does not exist anymore and has zero relevance. 

OP, Cap One QS is the best bet. Visa VS MC does not really matter at all for travel nowadays. If anyone says otherwise they probably are relating experiences from several years go.

Please remember to keep your posts FSR (Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful) per the TOS of this website... we need to get this back on track. 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Forum-Etiquette/m-p/2797115

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.