@nicholasyud wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Tips to get an increase:

1. Charge it to the max!

2. Don't pay your balance at all

3. Rack up super interest (my favorite)

4. Threaten to close the card

5. Wait for their reaction!

LOL I'm kidding Smiley Very Happy If you keep your line pretty active and PIF every month, you'll see an increase right around the corner! You can call them every four months to request a CLI. They are always soft pull so it won't hurt your credit. GE is generous!

someone tryna be funny there lol....you remind me as myself when i was 19 Smiley Very Happy

Too bad I'm not 19. Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 11 of 14
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: What's the best strategy to get walmart CLI

@pat0812 wrote:

should i go for the advice and ask an immediate CLI from $500 to a $1000 or wait for the 4th month ?

what happens if i click on the automated CLI button on my account but it gives me an error i can't make any request? is it like a denial or just i can't use this feature at the moment ?

The automatic increase button on the GE website doesn't work for any customer. You have to call in and request an increase. I would wait the 4 months before asking b/c they will outright deny you with this message "not enough experience with current CL".

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 12 of 14
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

your file is very thin.....so i guess add up some more credit line...maybe ask your local bank for a new credit card or secured CC if they deny you after all.....but on the warmart thing i would wait....they gonna give it to you maybe in 4th monts i guess

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 13 of 14
masscredit
Valued Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@pat0812 wrote:

should i go for the advice and ask an immediate CLI from $500 to a $1000 or wait for the 4th month ?

what happens if i click on the automated CLI button on my account but it gives me an error i can't make any request? is it like a denial or just i can't use this feature at the moment ?

The automatic increase button on the GE website doesn't work for any customer. You have to call in and request an increase. I would wait the 4 months before asking b/c they will outright deny you with this message "not enough experience with current CL".

I tried for an immediate CLI shortly after opening the account. Tried the back door, front door, even tried climbing in a window. Each time I was told no and my denial letter said it was because I didn't have enough experience with my $600. CL.  So, I'll wait until after the 4th statement posts, will probably have a zero balance then give them a call. 

As I've taken a serious hands on approach to my credit rebuilding project, I've made notes on my calendar going out a year. Each of those dates is for when I'd contact cc company to try to get an increase. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.