Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s the highest CLI you’ve received?

tag
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: What’s the highest CLI you’ve received?

The highest CLI I got was on my BofA CCR when I asked for a $9K CLI from $1K to $10K in February 2021. At the time my highest limit was $6K on my Apple Card and I thought $10K was the moon back then.

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 11 of 22
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Mine came from Penfed. On the 1 rare occasion I had a quarterly offer. 11,200 or 11,400. Can't remember which. And if you want to talk cumulatively, hands down Navy federal. 2 accounts opened at about 7 months apart. Each started at 25k. Via sp, all cli increases and capped at 80 a long time ago. Probably close to two years. Not bad, 2 inquiries for 80k.

Message 12 of 22
drboxing
Established Contributor

$26K from X1

Message 13 of 22
RTOrockstar
Frequent Contributor

I got a 7k increase on my Care Credit card from 5k to 12k.

I got the card for an emergency surgery for one of my dogs in Oct 2019 and it started at $750 and I was denied every CLI for over a year and a half. I was only asking for 1k increases and then in May 2021 I ask for 5k and got 2.5. 6 months later I asked for 5k and got it and then 6 months after that I went for 12 and got it. 

Message 14 of 22
nytokyobred79
Valued Contributor

Mine was with Chase on my CFU for 23.4K. I called in for the cli request and they doubled my limit to 46.8K a few weeks ago. Chase will sometimes give you the most they're willing to give without you specifying a number. 

Avoided credit cards after ruining my financial health but got back into the game in 2019 after a 20 year hiatus
Total Revolving CL- $204,500 | Order of Opened Cards
Delta SkyMiles Blue- SL-$1K | CL- $22.6K
(pc'd from SkyMiles Platinum back to Blue)
Delta SkyMiles Reserve- SL- $10K | CL- $20K
Chase Sapphire Reserve- SL $20K | CL- $39K
Cap 1 Venture Rewards- SL $10K | CL $ 19.5K
Amex Everyday Preferred- SL $13.1K | CL $10K ( moved some limits around )
Chase Freedom Unlimited: SL $23.4K| CL $36.8K
BOA Unlimited Cash SL: $20.8K| CL $10.8K(moved some limits around)
BOA Travel Rewards SL: $20.8K | CL $5.8K(moved some limits around)
Amex Blue Cash Everyday SL: $10K
Amex Green Card: NPSL / POT: 17K
BOA BankAmericard: SL: $5K | CL: $30K
Message 15 of 22
Bestman79
Contributor

The highest for me would be Amex HH in Sept '22; $15.2K CLI from $17K to $32.2K. It was a counteroffer, originally I asked to double the limit. I immediately moved $2.2K over to BCE taking it from $1K to $3.2K.

Interesting Amex DP:

Before the CLI my total Amex exposure between 3 personal and 2 Biz cards was $34.7K. After reading over tons of threads on the forums that Amex typically asks for IV over $35K exposure I was fully prepared to comply but received no such request.  Then after totaling my new limits to realize my now Amex exposure is $49.9K, I reached out to Amex via both chat and phone w/ CSR to ask was exposure over $35K a signal for IV, they both said NO, that it's profile dependent on what max exposure would be. With that being said, IMO I then knew why Amex approved my CLI of $15.2K instead of the requested $17K, b/c they didn't feel comfortable with me being at $50K plus exposure. At least that's how it appears to me.

TCL=$534.9K
Message 16 of 22
Namaste7
Established Contributor

I experienced the largest CLI and overall CL growth with BofA.
~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 17 of 22
Hut1
Established Contributor

@Namaste7 wrote:
I experienced the largest CLI and overall CL growth with BofA.

@Namaste7 How much was the increase if I may ask? 

download

Message 18 of 22
NoMoreE46
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Chase Prime auto increased 242% from $6000 to $20500 last month. 

Lowes card  (AU) dollar wise at $22000.  $13000 to $35000 in the spring of 2021.

Message 19 of 22
jojo79
Regular Contributor

My biggest jumps were from Sync and BoA

Sam's WEMC - $10K to 20K in one shot last year

BoA - 10K jump in 2021 and then back-to-back $8K increases late 2022 and last month.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.