cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the largest credit card limit that can be obtained?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the largest credit card limit that can be obtained?

I currently have a BofA card that i get more than 2% cash back on (unlimited) with a $75K credit limit. I am looking to see if anybody has a higher limit with BofA, or if they have another card that offers at least 2% cash back, with a limit of more than $75K. Ideally I'd like to get my CL up to $150-200K, but short of an AmEx charge card, does anybody know of any credit cards with limits this high?

5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: What's the largest credit card limit that can be obtained?

Hi, this dorsnt feel smorgasboard material to me, i may be wrong, you may want to ask a moderator to move to credit cards forum for better coverage. Thats an incredible limit. Id imagine if you can get a limit like that with Boa you would probably be able to get one with another bank like Citi with their DC or better yet Penfed and NavySmiley Happy
Message 2 of 6
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Do you have any assets with BoA?  I would imagine (pure speculation on my part) that in order for a lender to give a CL of 150-200, they would want to have some of your assets at their bank.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My hunch is the OP has the Travel Rewards card, is a Platinum Honors BofA customer, and is effectively getting 2.625% back on all purchases. BofA seems to value relationships, so I would give the credit analyst # a try and see what they say. Let us know how it goes.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most will go as high as $100k.  Chase will go as high to $150k - $200k if you have some mouthwatering liquid assets  with them.

Message 5 of 6
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Pooka mentioned at least once that they'd seen numerous customers with 6-digit and at least 1 7-digit limit on AmEx revolvers.  Certainly call and speak with a BOA analyst; I'm not sure if BOA actually has any set underwriting limits if they are comfortable with your ability to pay.  

Joe mentioned Navy, but those do top out at $50k ($80k for Flagship Rewards).

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.