cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the likelihood of Chase AA?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

What's the likelihood of Chase AA?

I burned Chase for roughly $15K in 2009 on two cards that were charged off. When my reports were clean in 2016, I apped the Freedom card with an instant denial and the reason: "delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bankaka blacklist. At the time, I knew nothing about being blacklisted. Truth be told: I thought that because it was off my CRs, I was good to go...well, not so much! It was at that point when I started doing research and came across the MF forum, the blacklist concept as well as 5/24. At about the same time, I found out that I was on Amex’s blacklist too ($12K CO). Ok. My rebuild was on, but I realized it was going to happen without Chase and Amex.

 

Over the past three years, I got my financial house in order. But I, like many, have longed for the golden ticket back into the good graces of Chase and Amex. I’ve apped Amex many, many times during that period. Soft pull…why not? To date: no luck with Amex. However, Chase is a different story because every app is a hard pull, and I was not even going to waste an INQ on a sure denial. (Plus, I’ve been way over 5/24.) But early this year I was reading the boards and read that Chase’s 5/24 rule did not apply to their now defunct Marriott Rewards Business Visa. So in Feb. 2019, I took a hard pull even though I knew I was over 5/24. Denied! But I found hope in the denial language…“Too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us.” Ok, I thought. Maybe…Just maybe…I’m off the Blacklist.

 

Fast forward to now. October 2019 has been the first time since my rebuild started in 2016 that I have been under 5/24 due to a few cards aging beyond the 2-year mark in September. Curiosity was killing me, so I decided I was going to put my newfound hope that I was off the Chase blacklist to the test. On October 11th, I apped the Freedom card. APPROVED! A 26.5K SL! “YES!!! I’m back in!!” At that point, technically, I was at 6/24 because I had been approved for the GS Apple Card with a $15K SL just a couple weeks prior, however as of this post it still hasn’t hit my CRs. Anyway, I was feeling so good that I may have gotten a little too excited and apped the CSP in the wee hours of the morning on October 12th. Guess what? APPROVED! A $15.4K SL. “Holy Smoke!” I thought. “I’m back in with a vengeance.”

 

Well, that’s the good news. The bad news is that I, somehow, stumbled onto a few posts where people were speaking of app’ing two Chase cards on the same day or consecutive days and getting one card shut down. Based on such, now I’m wondering if I face possible AA upon further review once both of the Chase cards and the Apple Card hit my reports. What do you think is the likelihood of that happening? I guess, if it happens, it happens. Not much I can do now. Should I be worried? Anyone have a similiar story that turned out okay? TIA.

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44
Super Contributor

Re: What's the likelihood of Chase AA?

Chase will almost certainly shut down one or both cards. 

Why would you app for a second card knowing you were previously blacklisted with Chase? That's just poking the bear. Hopefully the bear doesn't bite too hard. 

Apple Card still isn't reporting for any of us and I have had mine since August so if rumors of December are correct, you should be fine there. 



01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 2 of 45
Moderator

Re: What's the likelihood of Chase AA?

Thank you for sharing your story OP and glad to hear things have taken a positive direction with Chase.

So, you're right. The likelihood is always present based on what just transpired such as double-dipping on Chase CCs. So, what's done is done. That said, there's been quite a few success stories (after-the-fact) and of course the unpleasant ones. We just don't know how their internal algorithms work.

My suggestion - lay low. Usually, past the 60-90 day mark from approval you should be ok. In a nut shell, try not to draw any attention, no additional apps/HPs, handle your Chase accounts diligently and definitely do not call UW to see if you'll be 'ok' 😉

Definitely update your thread around mid-December to provide additional DPs for anyone who may have experienced a similar outcome.

Again, congrats on your approvals.
Message 3 of 45
Valued Member

Re: What's the likelihood of Chase AA?


@Saeren wrote:

Chase will almost certainly shut down one or both cards. 

Why would you app for a second card knowing you were previously blacklisted with Chase? That's just poking the bear. Hopefully the bear doesn't bite too hard. 

Apple Card still isn't reporting for any of us and I have had mine since August so if rumors of December are correct, you should be fine there. 



@saeren what can I say? Overexcited, I guess. LOL! If AA happens, at least I know I’m off the blacklist and it’s just a matter of time before I’m a card carrying member again. In the meanwhile, I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 4 of 45
Mega Contributor

Re: What's the likelihood of Chase AA?


@FinStar wrote:
Thank you for sharing your story OP and glad to hear things have taken a positive direction with Chase.

So, you're right. The likelihood is always present based on what just transpired such as double-dipping on Chase CCs. So, what's done is done. That said, there's been quite a few success stories (after-the-fact) and of course the unpleasant ones. We just don't know how their internal algorithms work.

My suggestion - lay low. Usually, past the 60-90 day mark from approval you should be ok. In a nut shell, try not to draw any attention, no additional apps/HPs, handle your Chase accounts diligently and definitely do not call UW to see if you'll be 'ok' 😉



Right, and basically, don't contact Chase at all, no CLI or APR reduction requests for a long time.    With luck  you will be fine and then it becomes a success story.

Message 5 of 45
Valued Member

Re: What's the likelihood of Chase AA?


@FinStar wrote:
Thank you for sharing your story OP and glad to hear things have taken a positive direction with Chase.

So, you're right. The likelihood is always present based on what just transpired such as double-dipping on Chase CCs. So, what's done is done. That said, there's been quite a few success stories (after-the-fact) and of course the unpleasant ones. We just don't know how their internal algorithms work.

My suggestion - lay low. Usually, past the 60-90 day mark from approval you should be ok. In a nut shell, try not to draw any attention, no additional apps/HPs, handle your Chase accounts diligently and definitely do not call UW to see if you'll be 'ok' 😉

Definitely update your thread around mid-December to provide additional DPs for anyone who may have experienced a similar outcome.

Again, congrats on your approvals.


Thanks @FinStar! That’s solid advice. I’ll keep the board posted either way. Life goes on either way.

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 6 of 45
Super Contributor

Re: What's the likelihood of Chase AA?

@UpInSmoke wrote:
@saeren what can I say? Overexcited, I guess. LOL! If AA happens, at least I know I’m off the blacklist and it’s just a matter of time before I’m a card carrying member again. In the meanwhile, I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

I get it and can't really say anything. I mean I'm sitting here with a Comenity major in my signature that I added right at the end of a massive credit spree. So far my card seems to have slipped through the cracks, hopefully your card(s) will too! Smiley Happy



01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 7 of 45
Valued Member

Re: What's the likelihood of Chase AA?


@Saeren wrote:
@UpInSmoke wrote:
@saeren what can I say? Overexcited, I guess. LOL! If AA happens, at least I know I’m off the blacklist and it’s just a matter of time before I’m a card carrying member again. In the meanwhile, I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

I get it and can't really say anything. I mean I'm sitting here with a Comenity major in my signature that I added right at the end of a massive credit spree. So far my card seems to have slipped through the cracks, hopefully your card(s) will too! Smiley Happy



@saeren It’s all good. I’ve learned a lot in this credit journey (and, obviously, still learning). I’m not where I’m going to be, and I’m not where I used to be! Thank God for that! 😊

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 8 of 45
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: What's the likelihood of Chase AA?

Congrats OP, you've definitely recovered very nicely. Here's hoping both lines stay intact!



Rose Gold NPSL | BCP | Delta Gold | Hilton Surpass | Hilton Honors | IT Cash | IT Chrome | Quicksilver | Target | VS | Home Depot | Lowes | Firestone | Wayfair | Overstock | Kohl’s

5/24, 1/24, 76445/24, who cares #HappyWithAmex





Entering the garden 5/27/2019, staying until 2020
(Lol so much for that grand plan...)
Message 9 of 45
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: What's the likelihood of Chase AA?


@FinStar wrote:
Thank you for sharing your story OP and glad to hear things have taken a positive direction with Chase.

So, you're right. The likelihood is always present based on what just transpired such as double-dipping on Chase CCs. So, what's done is done. That said, there's been quite a few success stories (after-the-fact) and of course the unpleasant ones. We just don't know how their internal algorithms work.

My suggestion - lay low. Usually, past the 60-90 day mark from approval you should be ok. In a nut shell, try not to draw any attention, no additional apps/HPs, handle your Chase accounts diligently and definitely do not call UW to see if you'll be 'ok' 😉

Definitely u
pdate your thread around mid-December to provide additional DPs for anyone who may have experienced a similar outcome.

Again, congrats on your approvals.

+100. 

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club


SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 10 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.