Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the likelihood of Chase AA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's the likelihood of Chase AA?

Good luck indeed! Definitely precarious.
Message 21 of 51
UpInSmoke
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'll add, don't charge a lot on these cards yet. If I were in that boat, I'd put one transaction on each card and let the statement generate and then pay immediately.  Slowly increase transactions and always PIF. They'll want to see a change in payment habits. Always paying right after the statement hits shows you are on top of your cards.

@rsmy1234 Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I'm already going to town. I already met the spend for the SUB on the Freedom, and I'm slightly over half of the $4K spend for the SUB on the CSP. Freedom statement cuts on the 11th and CSP on the 12th and I already pushed a payment for $536 on the Freedom and $1,982 on CSP. As a general rule, I always pay the balance before the statement cuts. I'm not doing anything I wouldn't do on any of my other cards. If they're going to shut me down, they're going to shut me down. I'm not doing anything outside the norm of living and paying my debts before they're due. 

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 22 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpInSmoke wrote:

@rsmy1234 Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I'm already going to town. I already met the spend on the Freedom, and I'm slightly over half of the $4K spend on the CSP. Freedom statement cuts on the 11th and CSP on the 12th and I already pushed a payment for $536 on the Freedom and $1,982 on CSP. As a general rule, I always pay the balance before the statement cuts. I'm not doing anything I wouldn't do on any of my other cards. If they're going to shut me down, they're going to shut me down. I'm not doing anything outside the norm of living and paying my debts before they're due. 

If you can PIF on a lot of spend, they will be much more at ease. If you carry a balance,  they probably will freak out with double exposure they didn't know was coming. You'll need to show that you aren't a risk to them like you used to be. 

Message 23 of 51
NRB525
Super Contributor

Congrats on the new cards.
What bank is your checking account?
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 24 of 51
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@UpInSmoke wrote:
@JSS3 What reason did they give? Six cards is kind of pushing it 😬...

Aggressive credit seeking.

Message 25 of 51
UpInSmoke
Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:
Congrats on the new cards.
What bank is your checking account?

Chase

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 26 of 51
UpInSmoke
Contributor

@JSS3 wrote:

@UpInSmoke wrote:
@JSS3 What reason did they give? Six cards is kind of pushing it 😬...

Aggressive credit seeking.

Hopefully not too aggressive. We'll see...

Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 27 of 51
UpInSmoke
Contributor

Update: so far, so good. First statements cut on 10th (Freedom) and 11th (CSP). Both PIF before statements cut. Met the $500 spend req. for SUB on Freedom before cut date. Just met the $4K spend req. for SUB on CSP. Will PIF again before statement cuts 😊. Keep swiping...
Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 28 of 51
red259
Super Contributor

Only time will tell.  In your situation I would probably lay off any other apps for six months from the date of your account opening. No reason to get greedy and blow your chance.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 29 of 51
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yup just fly under the radar for 6-12 months and you should (hopefully) be fine.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.