Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the point of High Balance?

tag
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: What's the point of High Balance?

A charge card the balance is due full each month.  So it does not factor into the FICO credit util calc.  Charge cards use a different term something like credit line instead of credit limit. 

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CS800 wrote:

I called AMEX on my Zync to see if I had a CL and the agent said that I didnt have a liimt. Now i'm confused. I thought even though it;s a charge card, it had a limit.

So the agfent said as i was on the phonew with him to try the 'spending' option on my Zync and I put $5000 and it said it was approved. (not that i will even spend 1/3 of that amount Smiley Happy )

There isn't a preset spending limit, but I think some members here have gotten the card denied at some high spending point

Message 12 of 13
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sure you could call and ask them if there is a limit.  Although, unless you have extremely expensive utility bills, I doubt you would hit your limit.  I would assume a "limit" on a charge card would be at least $10k.

Not sure where that assumption comes from but it is not the case, an internal limit on a charge product varies and could be considerably less than 10k.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.