cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the total of your Capital One CLI for your secured card?

tag
cr101
Established Contributor

What's the total of your Capital One CLI for your secured card?

I talked to Capital One about my card that's stuck on a $500 limit. The supervisor that I spoke to implied that these cards don't typically get high limits because they're meant to help people improve their score so that they can get other cards. The person that I spoke to before the supervisor also implied that people are expected to apply for other cards after the secured card has served its purpose.

Just wanted to read about your experiences with your secured card. Also, let me know if your card was graduated. I asked today, and they're still not graduating anymore. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: What's the total of your Capital One CLI for your secured card?

Well, for once CSR gave the correct answer 

Cap One is currently not graduating secured cards, and even during the brief period that they did, those cards did not receive any CLIs past the Steps increase. 

You wont find anyone with different experience when it comes to cap one secured or formerly secured cards. They are dead end. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The only CLI I’ve ever had through a capital one secured card was the one they gave me for having 5 monthly payments on time. I recently applied for the Quicksilver and was approved with a higher limit.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap 1 is like that.  You want to avoid their sub prime cards if you can.  

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1 started my secured with a $250 limit and one CLI to $500 after five months, and it never moved from there. I called and was told it wasn’t and wouldn’t ever be eligible for increases or graduation.

I applied for two other cap1 cards a year after opening it (used their prequal tool for a Quicksilver and cold-apped a co-branded card within minutes of each other - single pull to all three bureaus) and just closed the secured after I got a couple of years of history on the newer cards.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.