cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's up with USAA CC posting time??

Valued Contributor

Re: What's up with USAA CC posting time??

You also have to remember that (in many cases) Amazon won't charge your card until right before they ship it out. So if you get two day shipping, your items may arrive before the charge posts. 

USAA Limitless
NavyFed AMEX
AMEX Blue Business Preferred
AMEX Delta Gold
Citi ThankYou Premier
Citi AT&T Access
DiscoverIT 5%
AMEX Everyday
BOA Cash Rewards
Message 11 of 16
Regular Contributor

Lol! Exactly! It's a fairly new card that I use for minimal purchases (horrible APR) just to show usage & PIF. The purchases finally posted, payment made & card now sock drawered. They will not catch me at statement cutting time next week😆😆
**PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE** NFCU Amex $25K || NFCU GoRewards $24K || Macy's $11.5K || NLOC $6K || CO QuickSilver $5750 || Amex ED $3K || USAA Pref. Cash Rewards $2.5K || HHFCU Plat. CC $2K || US Alliance Sig. LOC $2K || Zales $1750 || Discover IT $1500 || VS $500

TOTAL: $85.5K
Message 12 of 16
Regular Contributor

Yes, makes sense! Thx mountaindewvoltage!
**PERSISTENCE & PATIENCE** NFCU Amex $25K || NFCU GoRewards $24K || Macy's $11.5K || NLOC $6K || CO QuickSilver $5750 || Amex ED $3K || USAA Pref. Cash Rewards $2.5K || HHFCU Plat. CC $2K || US Alliance Sig. LOC $2K || Zales $1750 || Discover IT $1500 || VS $500

TOTAL: $85.5K
Message 13 of 16
Established Contributor

mountaindewvoltage wrote:

You also have to remember that (in many cases) Amazon won't charge your card until right before they ship it out. So if you get two day shipping, your items may arrive before the charge posts. 

Precisely this.

This is the reason why I choose to load a chunk into an Amazon gift card (preferably with a 5% cashback card) and then spend it down gradually. Never have to worry about Amazon posting times ever again.

Message 14 of 16
Established Contributor

CO_NATIVE wrote:

... But boy, if you make a purchase within a day of your account's cycle date watch how fast those pending charges make it to your statement Smiley Very Happy

Indeed.  I use 'black-out periods' for my cards that I want to report a zero balance (which is all but one right now), so that I can PIF prior to the statement date.

2019 Goal: 800+ across the board (my sole 30-day late drops in Q1 2019)
2018 Goals: garden, 750+ across the board, garden, put away 3 months' savings, garden

Experian is the canary in my coal mine.

EQ7637 INQ (4 CC, 2 mort, 1 auto)
EX7388 INQ (4 CC, 2 HELoan, 2 mort)
TU8056 INQ (4 CC, 2 mort)
6/24 < 5% AAoA TBD | AoYA 0m | AoOA 19y 2m
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge [ Last INQ 11-May-2018 ]
Gardening 'til Q1 2019
Message 15 of 16
Frequent Contributor

I have the same card and the transactions will post within two to three days. 

Message 16 of 16