Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s your current daily driver?

tag
FieryDance
Frequent Contributor

Re: What’s your current daily driver?

Since we have Costco Executive and Amazon Prime and are Plat Honors with BoA I have decided to leverage them:

BoA Cash Rewards 1

• Costco (effectively 5.5%)
  • Groceries (3.5%)
  • Dining (5.25%)

BoA Cash Rewards 2

• Online shopping (Amazon, eBay, Uber, flights, travel agencies, etc, 5.25%)
  • Rotate categories only as needed (5.25%)

BoA Premium Rewards

• When travel internationally (dining, tours and excursions, usually 3.5%) 
  • Off categories (2.625%)

Message 51 of 173
jimmy2000
New Contributor

Costco Anywhere Visa by Citi.  Most of my spend fits 4% for gas or 3% for dining.

If not in that category, I use Apple Card with Apple Pay for 2%

Message 52 of 173
red259
Super Contributor

Amex business blue plus no AF and 2 points per dollar on the first 50k of spend. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 53 of 173
Turbobuick
Established Contributor

@Aim_High wrote:

@Turbobuick wrote:

BofA Travel Rewards @ 2.62%

Have you considered the Premium Rewards to be able to get that in cash though? Just wondering. I compared those two and pros and cons both ways. From my understanding, TR has no AF but  much lower cash redemption than 2.625 potential of PR. PR has AF (but offsets to completely cover if you use it) and flexibility in redemption. Do you feel BofA travel redemption through their portal are good deals? 

Yes. I don't travel every year to cover the Premium AF. The Premium SUB is spend $3K/90 days and I could get there, but not without buying stuff I don't really need. I feel the "lesser card" is more tailored to my travel needs at this time. When I retire in a couple years, I may upgrade. 

Message 54 of 173
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I'm puzzled by some of the responses here.  The OP asking about the current daily driver and a lot of responses are talking about the CCs on categories, like the US Bank Cash+ etc.  I do not think a lot of those should be considered "daily driver" if you do not use them consistently over certain period of time.

Message 55 of 173
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@FieryDance wrote:

Since we have Costco Executive and Amazon Prime and are Plat Honors with BoA I have decided to leverage them:

BoA Cash Rewards 1

• Costco (effectively 5.5%)
  • Groceries (3.5%)
  • Dining (5.25%)

BoA Cash Rewards 2

• Online shopping (Amazon, eBay, Uber, flights, travel agencies, etc, 5.25%)
  • Rotate categories only as needed (5.25%)

BoA Premium Rewards

• When travel internationally (dining, tours and excursions, usually 3.5%) 
  • Off categories (2.625%)

I had to study that to absorb it. Lol. Smiley Tongue Especially where you factored in the 2% Costco Executive bonus to the card. Smart strategy, well thought out and pretty simple overall!  Good job!   So do you use any other cards or just those three? 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 56 of 173
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I'm puzzled by some of the responses here.  The OP asking about the current daily driver and a lot of responses are talking about the CCs on categories, like the US Bank Cash+ etc.  I do not think a lot of those should be considered "daily driver" if you do not use them consistently over certain period of time.

Yes, but there is also blurring sometimes!   Consider the Altitude Reserve.   It's my daily driver in the sense I use it whenever Samsung Pay can be used.   But is that also a category?

Message 57 of 173
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I'm finding it a little annoying as well, since it really warrants a simple response. Instead it's ballooned into a list of cards and their perks- but I'm not a moderator 🤷🏽‍♂️

Message 58 of 173
RSX
Valued Contributor

Cap1 QS 

I recently PC'd a Citi card to a DC and that will be my future daily driver, but I am finishing off a BT on it, so I don't want to use it yet

looking forward to getting 2% instead of  1.5%

Dec 16/2019. EX. 721. EQ. 723. TU 746
Jan 25/2024 EX. 774 EQ. 751 TU 758
Inq. EX 2 EQ 3 TU 6 - - CC 2x24, 0x12
Amex BCP $35k - Apple GS $21k - BMW/Elan $19k - Cap1 QS $16.7k - Chase Amazon $13.6k - Chase Bonvoy Bountiful $10k - Chase United Club Infinite $26k - Citi CustomCash $3k - Citi DC $14.5k - CreditUnion1 $9k - DiscoverIT $31.5k - PayBoo - $15.6k - Penfed Gold - $19.3k - USB AltitudeGO -$19k- USBank Cash+ -$25k - PenFed LOC - $20k - USB LOC - $15k
Message 59 of 173
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SoCalifornia wrote:

@BronzeTrader wrote:

I'm finding it a little annoying as well, since it really warrants a simple response. Instead it's ballooned into a list of cards and their perks- but I'm not a moderator 🤷🏽‍♂️

But to be brutally frank, what wonderful information is being lost?   Even if people stuck to the question, you are going to get lots of responses about the same small set of cards.    OK, if you are lucky you will hear about the 7% Bank of Aukland ExPat card, but probably not!

Message 60 of 173
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.