Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What’s your current daily driver?

tag
kilroy8
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: What’s your current daily driver?

I don't really have one, I use whichever gets me highest rewards.

BCP gets more swipes than anything, followed by NFCU MoreRewards.

If cashback is equal, I go for whichever statement close date is farthest away, so I can use free money longer.

Message 31 of 173
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Currently where possible Freedom with Chase Pay (via SP).   But only for $1500 total.  

Message 32 of 173
Stralem
Established Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Stralem wrote:

Right now, the Amex Platinum of all things. It earns me practically nothing, but I don't care. It pays for my morning coffee just as well as any other card. It Just Werks.

Honestly, I think I'm just tired of the whole rewards game and need a break. 

Planning on trimming the AFs?

I'm likely to close Savor and downgrade BCP back to BCE. I'm even questioning the value of CSR with Amex improving travel insurance.

Sure am. Gold is one of a handful on the chopping block.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 33 of 173
Anonymous
Not applicable

My debit card.
I use my credit card for large purchases to pay off in couple weeks.
Message 34 of 173
calyx
Super Contributor

For the next 5 days - CSP because no FTF.
For the rest of the year after that - probably the BCP.  I'll keep my cat spend for my CF and Disco, but I'm trying to get to AZE2 and I want to just keep it as simple as possible and the posting date on the AMEX helps me with that.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 35 of 173
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex Gold is my main card... Generally I spend on dining twice a day, and when I don't, I'm picking up odds and ends for groceries to cook something.

Amex ED sees all my off category spend.

Quicksilver gets spend where Amex is not accepted.

I'm on the fence about switching to a cash back strategy and getting the Wells Fargo Propel, so that may take over for everything in a bit. I keep going back and forth on it.
Message 36 of 173
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Chase Freedom Unlimited. It may not be the best cashback or rewards card but my goal card for next year is the CSR and I honestly thought given my relatively thin file, Chase would give me a fairly low SL as my first foray into the UR ecosystem. But lo and behold, they surprised me with my highest SL and their lowest APR (after the 15mo of 0%). So I'm going to run as much through them as I can in hopes it helps me when I app for the CSR in 8-10ish months.

Message 37 of 173
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My Amex Gold is my main card... Generally I spend on dining twice a day, and when I don't, I'm picking up odds and ends for groceries to cook something.

Amex ED sees all my off category spend.

Quicksilver gets spend where Amex is not accepted.

I'm on the fence about switching to a cash back strategy and getting the Wells Fargo Propel, so that may take over for everything in a bit. I keep going back and forth on it.

WF kind of s^cks, website, earn more mall issues, but I really like the card. The 3% categories are great and what sometimes really rocks is the earn more mall items you have to activate.  In 3 months, I got $120 cash back on gas (plus an additional $30 via the 3%). Granted, I prepaid about $1,000 in gas on gas gift cards, but I'll use it all. I have about $500 left. That comes to something in the ballpark of 15% off gas for 6 months. There are other deals I like too. And its metal.

Message 38 of 173
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Currently, it's Precious (AR) because of Samsung Pay. 

Freedom will see some action too because this is the only other quarter where using it is not a chore for me. 

Message 39 of 173
devilnic
Contributor

my Hilton honors surpass, because who doesn't like free hotel nights? Then when I'm close to 30% util I then do one of my cashback cards discover or NFCU

Starting Score: 612
Goal Score: 850

Credit Cards: Capital One Spark Visa $700 6/8/2002 19 yrs | Navy Federal Flagship Rewards $15,000 9/24/2014 7 years | Victoria's Secret $4100 11/17/2014 7 years | Amazon $6000 12/1/2015 6 years | Discover Miles #1 $6300 1/19/2017 4 years | Navy Federal AmEx $10,000 7/6/2017 4 years | American Express Hilton Honors Surpass $2000 4/30/2019 3 years | American Express Everyday Preferred$1000 8/24/2019 2 year | Home Depot $5000 7/06/2017 4 years | Overstock $14,150 5/12/2019 2years | Chase Slate $1800 9/24/2019 2 years | Discover IT #2 $9,000 9/24/2019 2 years | FNBO Evergreen $11,300 11/24/2021 | PenFed Platinum Rewards $15,000 11/26/2021
Message 40 of 173
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.