Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your emergency card?

tag
Brax
Frequent Contributor

Re: What's your emergency card?

My WF Platinum card which was surprisingly only rate jacked from 8% to 12.65% several years ago, now my lowest APR card. I never use it due to the historically awful rewards structure; it would have to be an extreme emergency to deal with the uncertainty of WF rewards structure. I think I missed out on the second round of rate jacking most people got from WF, so sad I didn't get rate jacked to 29.99% like everyone else. Smiley Sad

Message 51 of 52
Mrm-na
New Contributor

Re: What's your emergency card?

If it had sufficient credit available, I'd probably use Discover It, which is on a 0 APR promo right now and will later have my lowest ongoing APR.  Right now it's my best card in every respect, so easy choice.  However, it's going to be carrying a balance for business spending for a while.

The card I normally use for personal spending is still a $500 Capital One, which wouldn't cut it for an emergency. So if Discover is out of the picture, and CapOne is too weak, then my emergency card would have to be my Merrick Visa.  It's my highest APR so it wouldn't be a desirable choice, but too bad I'll just deal with it.

I'm not at all content with this set of cards, so it will all rearrange over the next year or so, and at that point Merrick won't even be for emergencies, it will just be useless.

Message 52 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.