Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your oldest CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What's your oldest CC

Oldest open card for me is my DiscoverIT, opened right after I flew the coop in 11/2014 lol....I did become an AU on my moms Home depot card somewhere along the way, and it helps like crazy opened 08/2001. 

Message 41 of 51
Thomas_Thumb
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

Oldest surviving children birthdates:

a) 1984 AMEX green card This is sexy

b) 1989 Discover More card Where were you in 1986 when Discover launched? Your Member Since year is still sexy but 1986 was hotter Smiley Happy

c) 1990 AT&T Universal (Citi) Mastercard I bet your card says Charter Member Smiley Happy 

I love old member since years. I really respect and admire people that managed to keep their cards this long. No offense to those who couldn't of course. In a society/culture/country obsessed with youth, I really think old accounts are hot. You couldn't pay me to be 20 again and new to credit. 

Also surprised at how many JC Penney cards have been reported here. It was not uncommon to have store cards way back when but these cards had to have been used continuously all these years to have kept them active and open! 

Yes, I am an AT&T Universal card Charter Member. Got the card 9/1990. The card converted to an AT&T Universal platinum WORLD Mastercard in 2010 when I neglected to opt out. It still retains most agreements offered to Charter members. Unfortunately, In the last couple years Citi has been pestering me to migrate the card to a "Citi" product that would eliminate past agreement benefits obligations offered to AT&T Charter members.

My AMEX green AF is capped at $55. AMEX continues trying to entice me to migrate to a Gold or Platinum card. Why would I want to pay such high annual fees? I primarily keep the card because of our long journey together and it is my oldest active card.

Discover keeps pushing me to convert from the "More" card to the "IT" card even though I previously opted out of the conversion. Really see no reason to join the IT crowd. I have the American flag on my More card. The original Discover card had the best design.

Discover card.jpg

I wish these companies would leave me and my children alone Smiley Frustrated.  We have a long relationship and are doing fine!

Fico 9: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 8: .......EQ 850 TU 850 EX 850
Fico 4 .....:. EQ 809 TU 823 EX 830 EX Fico 98: 842
Fico 8 BC:. EQ 892 TU 900 EX 900
Fico 8 AU:. EQ 887 TU 897 EX 899
Fico 4 BC:. EQ 826 TU 858, EX Fico 98 BC: 870
Fico 4 AU:. EQ 831 TU 872, EX Fico 98 AU: 861
VS 3.0:...... EQ 835 TU 835 EX 835
CBIS: ........EQ LN Auto 940 EQ LN Home 870 TU Auto 902 TU Home 950
Message 42 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Discover is my oldest at 11 years old. 

Message 43 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Thomas_Thumb wrote:

Oldest surviving children birthdates:

a) 1984 AMEX green card This is sexy

b) 1989 Discover More card Where were you in 1986 when Discover launched? Your Member Since year is still sexy but 1986 was hotter Smiley Happy

c) 1990 AT&T Universal (Citi) Mastercard I bet your card says Charter Member Smiley Happy 

I love old member since years. I really respect and admire people that managed to keep their cards this long. No offense to those who couldn't of course. In a society/culture/country obsessed with youth, I really think old accounts are hot. You couldn't pay me to be 20 again and new to credit. 

Also surprised at how many JC Penney cards have been reported here. It was not uncommon to have store cards way back when but these cards had to have been used continuously all these years to have kept them active and open! 

Yes, I am an AT&T Universal card Charter Member. Got the card 9/1990. The card converted to an AT&T Universal platinum WORLD Mastercard in 2010 when I neglected to opt out. It still retains most agreements offered to Charter members. Unfortunately, In the last couple years Citi has been pestering me to migrate the card to a "Citi" product that would eliminate past agreement benefits obligations offered to AT&T Charter members.

My AMEX green AF is capped at $55. AMEX continues trying to entice me to migrate to a Gold or Platinum card. Why would I want to pay such high annual fees? I primarily keep the card because of our long journey together and it is my oldest active card.

Discover keeps pushing me to convert from the "More" card to the "IT" card even though I previously opted out of the conversion. Really see no reason to join the IT crowd.

I wish these companies would leave me and my children alone Smiley Frustrated.  We have a long relationship and are doing fine!

Believe it or not my AT&T Universal Card was also listed as a Charter Member even though I opened mine a little more than 8 years after you did. I foolishly converted mine to a Double Cash and then to a Thankyou Preferred in 2014. They would not let me go back to the Universal Card and I lost my 5398 account number forever Smiley Sad

I opened an Amex Gold in 1999 with an AF of $75. That was back before Membership Rewards was standard and for $20 more it could be added. I closed that card a long time ago but picked up a ZYNC card nearly 6 years ago that benefited from the Amex backdating. The AF on my ZYNC is $25 and has all the benefits of a Green card which charges $95 a year. Amex has been hounding me to upgrade to PRG but they will have to pry my ZYNC out of my cold dead hands.

Glad to see another Discover More cardholder here. People here have questioned why I don't upgrade to It; because I hate the name and I love my embossed Discover More card. I chose the Dawn of Discover design; it looks almost like my dad's old 1986 Discover card. Besides, the only real benefit of the It card is that It has at least 1% cash back whereas our relics have cash back tiers; .25% up to $2,000 in purchases; .5% up to $3,000 and then anything over $3,000.01 earns 1%. Since I only use Discover for the 5% catagories I could care less about the idiot named card and its 1% cash back. They have never offered me an "upgrade" to It but I have heard of a few people that recently had theirs automatically changed to It when their More expired. I wil have to look into that to make sure it doesn't happen. 

Message 44 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap One Secured

Yep, second one in my sig

Message 45 of 51
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Glad to see another Discover More cardholder here. People here have questioned why I don't upgrade to It; because I hate the name and I love my embossed Discover More card. I chose the Dawn of Discover design; it looks almost like my dad's old 1986 Discover card. Besides, the only real benefit of the It card is that It has at least 1% cash back whereas our relics have cash back tiers; .25% up to $2,000 in purchases; .5% up to $3,000 and then anything over $3,000.01 earns 1%. Since I only use Discover for the 5% catagories I could care less about the idiot named card and its 1% cash back. They have never offered me an "upgrade" to It but I have heard of a few people that recently had theirs automatically changed to It when their More expired. I wil have to look into that to make sure it doesn't happen. 

DW's Discover More card will be 23 years old next month.  They automatically changed it to a Discover it late in 2016, so it's likely inevitable.  They did automatically grant her the Cash Back Match for 12 months and 0% APR for 12 months, so your consolation prize would be 10% categories for a year. Smiley Wink

Message 46 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

DW's Discover More card will be 23 years old next month.  They automatically changed it to a Discover it late in 2016, so it's likely inevitable.  They did automatically grant her the Cash Back Match for 12 months and 0% APR for 12 months, so your consolation prize would be 10% categories for a year. Smiley Wink

Smiley Sad ugh LOL. Everything changes I guess. 

Message 47 of 51
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous it sounds like you need a US Alliance Throwback Visa Classic (ooh, and I'm prequalified for that and their VS LOL):

USALLIANCE-VISA-Classic.png

Message 48 of 51
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Thanks to Back dating AX 1989

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 49 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@Anonymous it sounds like you need a US Alliance Throwback Visa Classic (ooh, and I'm prequalified for that and their VS LOL):

USALLIANCE-VISA-Classic.png

HA! I remember seeing this here a few years ago. I'm old but not that old LOL. This style of card was before my time. I mean, sure they were issued during my lifetime but yeah Sesame Street and The Smurfs were my favourite shows LOL. I also have 4 credit unions and USAA already, no more, no more I tell ya! 

Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.