Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What score do I need to get a secured card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What score do I need to get a secured card

Applied for Cap 1 and was accepted...I will update again in a month or so after I see how it affects my score. Thanks again everyone.

Message 11 of 26
arredondo3417
Valued Member

yay   congrats    make payments on time  and  all the rules  and  you will be on your way  UP AND UP

Seedling:
Message 12 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Applied for Cap 1 and was accepted...I will update again in a month or so after I see how it affects my score. Thanks again everyone.

Big Congrats!!!! Is this your 1st CC in your rebuild journey?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 26
jamie2005
Valued Member

Does capital one report to all 3 CRA?
Message 14 of 26
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Yes they do remember to stay under 9 % utilzation and find out what date your statement cuts then pay it down to the 9% or less a few days before Good Luck!!

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick update...

Spent a half on hour trying to figure out how to send my security deposit with Cap1 only to find they approved me for an unsecured card instead of the secured one, which is of course, a very pleasant surprise. Thanks again everyone for your counsel.

Message 16 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Lets hope your in credit steps!! Congrats!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

i app BoA secure card  $300 and $39 AF and they approve me...

Message 18 of 26
CreditCardDiva
Regular Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

You might want to talk to some local CUs. They are often more flexible and user-friendly than banks. They should be able to give you *some* idea before pulling your credit if you could get a secured card with them.

+1  My CU was VERY supportive of my quest to rebuild my credit.  It's best if you have a decent relationship - established checking/savings. I got a quick loan from them, and paid it on time, in full, a few years back. I've been with them for 8 years, and they approved a $500 Visa (unsecured), with no annual fee, and a good interest rate. I didn't think they would give it to me.  I would have probably passed on the Orchard Bank unsecured card,  if I'd known they were so willing to work with me.

Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Oakland County CU Visa ($500) | Capital One Quick Silver One ($600) | Capital One Secured MC ($200) | Walmart ($1600) | PayPal Credit ($1000) | Jared ($3500) | Victoria's Secret ($850) | Gettington ($3500) | Amazon Store Card ($850) | NewEgg Preferred ($2400) | Discover IT ($1500) | Dillard's AMEX ($1500) Target ($1500) | Overstock Store Card ($1200) | Kohl's ($1500) | Old Navy ($650) | Macy's Store Card ($800) | The Limited ($350)
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letter said I am in credit steps, but it seems like a lot of different opinions on the boards here about what to expect from the credit steps program.

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.