Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I apply for next.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What should I apply for next.

I just got approved for Barclays Apple reward card. I was wondering what should I take a shot at next ?

As of 6/22/19
Fico 8 score
Eq 660 Tu 659 Ex 604
Fico 8 bank score
Eq 645 Tu 649 Ex 586
Fico 9
Eq 697 Tu 700 Ex 599

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I apply for next.

@Anonymous wrote:
I just got approved for Barclays Apple reward card. I was wondering what should I take a shot at next ?

As of 6/22/19
Fico 8 score
Eq 660 Tu 659 Ex 604
Fico 8 bank score
Eq 645 Tu 649 Ex 586
Fico 9
Eq 697 Tu 700 Ex 599

Well it would help to know what other cards you have and what your interests are before giving recommendations.

Message 2 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations & Welcome To myFICO Forums!

Just a suggestion, Where do you Mostly spend?, I hate to see people get cards that they really don't benefit from,

and regret getting the Card Later On. Speaking from Experience here.

list your areas where you spend, and how many cards you have applied for in the last 12 months.

and maybe the average Age of your accounts, also your Oldest Account.

This way The Forum posters, can give you some better guidance.

also, if you don't really need another card,  let your scores come up by not applying for too much Credit.

it looks like something is holding down your EX Score?, maybe work on that if possible.

and since you just applied for a Barclay Card, Be Careful, you open too many cards after that right away, They Will Close Your Account.

you will probably get some other suggestions, and they could be better than mine! (Most Likely)

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a cap one AU 2k open in Jan 19. And I have some instals from my credit rebuild tools similar to self lender.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a charge off on Experian that’s the problem
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tend your cards properly and work on that chargeoff. Experian is a pretty popular bureau to pull for the big players like Amex and Chase. Cleaning it up would go a long way toward improving your odds on some major league keeper cards.
Message 6 of 20
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As of 6/22/19
Fico 8 score
Eq 660 Tu 659 Ex 604
Fico 8 bank score
Eq 645 Tu 649 Ex 586
Fico 9
Eq 697 Tu 700 Ex 599

To Add, Might want to read here for a little bit ..

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclays-CLD/td-p/5656602

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would recommend navy federal cash rewards or go rewards credit cards! Or capital one quicksilver one and platinum credit cards.
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can’t get in navy because of EWR that I’m currently disputing. I also messed up with capital one in the past ( year 2017) and I’m not sure if I’m still in the system ?
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhh ,,No big Deal ! you have good products now and within time things should be back on track and you will be able to get even more great cards with great rewards! Hang in there 💝
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.