Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should I apply for next.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What should I apply for next.

Only reason I asked the question is because I technically only have one open card the Barclays and I have seen other users say you need a three card base!
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That statement is very true , technically if you have less than 5 accounts the file is considered thin . You would probably need to go the secured route. Discover secured card is great. This was my first credit card .
-minimum deposit is 200
- they match your cash back with your first year
- after 5 payments automatic credit line increase
- you receive whatever amount you first deposited on the card back after your 5 on time payments.!
- it graduates to a regular discover chrome card after the 5 payments
So give it a whirl 🤗
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also for got to mention I have a few credit building revolving/ open ended lines on my file
About
Tu 11.5k EQ 14k Ex 10k
All have been on my file for 8 months

I got a pre approval from BB&T while opening an account for 5.5k after about a week they denied it. Which made me apply for the Barkley’s Apple rewards. Which they gave me cl of 2.5k. So with that being said should I get another Barclays product or shoot for something like a Amazon card or Uber ?
Message 13 of 20
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I also for got to mention I have a few credit building revolving/ open ended lines on my file
About
Tu 11.5k EQ 14k Ex 10k
All have been on my file for 8 months

I got a pre approval from BB&T while opening an account for 5.5k after about a week they denied it. Which made me apply for the Barkley’s Apple rewards. Which they gave me cl of 2.5k. So with that being said should I get another Barclays product or shoot for something like a Amazon card or Uber ?

You stated you have ONE open card, what are the above lines you are referring to?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

BBT is a funky creature to deal with.  I won't go into the details but, if you have a screenshot / e-mail w/ the CRD5-xxxxxx-xxx attached to it you can get them to open a case since it was approved and get the card issued.

Here's their contact info you'll need.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/5629495#M231433

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some cheep credit builder account my jeweler, new coast, ox, Hutton chase, AU cap one 2k CL open Jan 2019. And the Barclay apple that has yet to report because I just got it two days prior
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never got an e-mail the banker I was dealing with told me what the offer was and I picked my card that was it. I got one phone call kinda of like verifying it was me and that was it. I had to call to get my status of the app. Got the pre approval 6/10/19 I finally called on 6/20/19 and got the denial... is it even worth the fight ??
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you were approved then it's worth the fight.  Use the contact info in the link above to get ahold of someone and have them investigate it.  If you don't have the applciation # it's alright.  They should have a record of it somewhere since you were approved.

Did you get a denial letter in the mail stating the reasons?

There have been a few issues with getting them to issue cards around here the last couple of months but, all attempts that I'm aware of have been successful in getting the plastic in the mail including a couple that were denied after being approved.  Their systems are in bad shape... I appleid and got 2 approvals out of them. 1 e-mailed me when the card was shipped, but their system dropped my unit # off the address and it went missing.  2nd one never got the notification from them of a card being shipped and pestered them about it several times and 46 days later after the intial approval finally got the card in the mail. 

Message 18 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I never got an e-mail the banker I was dealing with told me what the offer was and I picked my card that was it. I got one phone call kinda of like verifying it was me and that was it. I had to call to get my status of the app. Got the pre approval 6/10/19 I finally called on 6/20/19 and got the denial... is it even worth the fight ??

Sounds like your application underwent secondary review. You can try, but I would not hold my breath as manual reviews tend to be a lot harder to overturn than computer denials in those instances where such a practice is still allowed. 

Someone already took a look and deemed you a risky borrower at this time. Before you try talking to anyone, you should find out the exact reasons why so you can address them properly. 

Recon calls can be difficult as is, no need to make one  unprepared 

Message 19 of 20
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Some cheep credit builder account my jeweler, new coast, ox, Hutton chase, AU cap one 2k CL open Jan 2019. And the Barclay apple that has yet to report because I just got it two days prior

You really need to get rid of those "junk overpriced catalog you can only buy from cards" Smiley Sad

I would let barclays age 6 months and then try for another "real" credit card, I am suprised at the barclay approval honestly, congrats on that card.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.